What is your favorite type of BC?

What is your favorite type of BC (not neccesarily what you have)?

• Jacket Style

Votes: 18 14.9%
  • Back Plate and Wing

Votes: 60 49.6%
  • Rear Inflation

Votes: 37 30.6%
  • Other

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • I have no preference

Votes: 4 3.3%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

None, nada, zip, zippo, without but the chlorox jugs do come in handy as does picking up the occasional rock if I guessed my lead wrong. :rofl3:.

I was down a month or so back on vacation, about 110 feet, on an artificial reef when I came across the most wonderful anchor. So, I tried to pick it up, nope, reached for my sausage, nope, guess I forgot it. Hmm, Then I tried dragging it over to my anchor and tying my anchor to it but it was to heavy to drag so then I tried to walk with it, nope, that did not work either (that is when spring strap number two broke). It confounded my best efforts :( . It was about then I realized if I could just be normal and compliant like all of you guys I would have that wonderful brass anchor on my porch steps now. But I don't and I ain't. N

(No, it was not part of the wreck, it was a cut off.)

Had the same experience with a small mushroom anchor in a Vermont lake last week. I went back the next day with an empty milk jug and some rope, but of course couldn't find it again.

Had the same experience with a small mushroom anchor in a Vermont lake last week. I went back the next day with an empty milk jug and some rope, but of course couldn't find it again.

These guys are not getting it, you fill your Chlorox bottle or milk jug with water, it is neutral and you just clip it off. Need some extra lift, shoot some air into it and you are good to go. Cost is virtually zero. Gets a hole in it, toss it and get another. Why is this a problem. :confused:. Can you imagine that some people spend 700 dollars on a nylon bag :shakehead: and think me and you are confused. Nah. N

I voted rear inflate since i have not tried a BP/W but prefer rear inflate over jacket.

This thread is proof that Scubaboard and the real world are two completely different places. :D

None, nada, zip, zippo, without but the chlorox jugs do come in handy as does picking up the occasional rock if I guessed my lead wrong. :rofl3:.

I was down a month or so back on vacation, about 110 feet, on an artificial reef when I came across the most wonderful anchor. So, I tried to pick it up, nope, reached for my sausage, nope, guess I forgot it. Hmm, Then I tried dragging it over to my anchor and tying my anchor to it but it was to heavy to drag so then I tried to walk with it, nope, that did not work either (that is when spring strap number two broke). It confounded my best efforts :( . It was about then I realized if I could just be normal and compliant like all of you guys I would have that wonderful brass anchor on my porch steps now. But I don't and I ain't. N

(No, it was not part of the wreck, it was a cut off.)

You may not have the anchor but you have your integrity and principles. It's just hard to impress the neighbors with those two on the front porch. :)

Of the 3 BCD’s I’ve used, Jacket Style, Front-mounted Scuba pro, and Back Plate, so far the best would have to be the wing, just because of the freedom of space,

and I’m a big fan of having the air bladder behind me.

Wetsuit 4 life:
I’m a big fan of having the air bladder behind me.

Unless you're using a horse collar, the air is always on behind you when you're prone.

Seriously, sometimes a BC is warranted and I might reach for this nice SeaTec horsecollar. It is NOS, I picked it up a few years ago and it is fun to dive.

DSCF0069.jpg

Early 80s SeaTec wing mounted to a Hammerhead plate vs Mach V 30 on a Freedom Plate, wings have been around since the 70s:

DSCF0136-1.jpg

N

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom