What is your favorite mask?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm really enjoying my Atomic Frameless Two (bi-silicone compound skirt material) masks!

I have been diving my standard Atomic Frameless for around 10 years and have had no reason to upgrade. If I needed a new mask I think I'd try the inexpensive DGX Ultra View Frameless.

such mask killed (as suspected) many people Saskatchewan diver dead - Maui, Hawaii
I am on Maui right now and in the past month or so, there have been up to 12 deaths along Maui beaches...most of them snorkellers, most of them men, most of them 65-plus. My husband talked to a Lifeguard about it...the Lifeguard didn’t say too too much, but tapped on is his heart...as in pre-existing problems ...but also said they (authorities) were beginning to keep track of how many snorkellers died while wearing those one-piece face masks, compared to the regular style. News reports mention what kind of snorkel gear people were wearing when found. Very sad all round.

Since this is a freediving & snorkeling forum, I'll say that my favorite freediving mask is currently the Tilos Stealth. For freediving, I enjoy the sunglass tint. I believe Sporasub made the first tinted and mirrored freediving mask. I forget its name, but I had two of them and loved them. I switched to the Mares Star Elite when Sporasub no longer sold their original style. My buddy, Jay, who owns St. Lawrence Scuba Co, in Watertown, NY wanted me to try the Tilos Stealth. I find it quite comfortable, but here in the 1000 Islands I'm not able to dive it beyond 30m to see how easy it is to equalize at deeper depths. Too much ship and boat traffic to freedive the channel. Looks cool, though!

I like the Mares X-vision Ultra liquid skin mask . Each person's face is a little different
so whatever mask fits your face should be your favorite .
Sea Dwellers

I imagine there are a variety of masks that will fit any given face. There are also other important considerations like comfort, volume, range of vision and purging access. Just because a mask happens to fit doesn't mean your search has ended. I would look for a mask that has the features you want and then verify fit.

OCEANIC Datamask HUD
The Datamask is no longer in production and is listed as "OBSOLETE - NO LONGER SERVICEABLE" by Oceanic.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom