What is your favorite dive in Fiji?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fiji Dive Guy

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I’d like to start a discussion on what are people’s favorite dives in Fiji. Everyone has different experiences and this information could assist others in planning future trips. Besides, it is just plain fun to talk about a good dive! Please copy and paste the questions below and then complete them with your information. Don’t forget to list the region (Taveuni, Kadavu, Beqa, Mamanucas, etc) so that it can be used for searches.

Resort or dive operator:

General region:

Dive site name and depth:

What made this dive extraordinary?

Other comments:

Resort or dive operator: Aquatrek - and Beqa Lagoon Resort

General region: Beqa Lagoon

Dive site name and depth: Beqa Shark Dive - at "The Bistro" - 18 metres or so.

What made this dive extraordinary? 8 species of Shark - Silvertips to 3 m; Bull Sharks to 3.5 - heaps of White Tips and smaller Grey Reefies...and then a gorgeous 4 metre plus Toger Shark.

Other comments: Best soft coral pinnacles in Fiji - see Naigani Island near Ovalau in the Lomaiviti Islands.

Bula Wiggsy - The Shark Encounter is an impressive dive, but I have some reservations about the feeding aspect and how it alters the experience. It makes it more like going to the zoo for me. Here is one of my favorites.

Resort or dive operator: Moody's Namena

General region: Savusavu area, within Namena Marine Reserve

Dive site name and depth: North Save-A-Tack Passage (wall dive between 70-130')

What made this dive extraordinary? We saw everything from macro to pelagic. There were nudibranchs, soft corals, hard corals, tons of reef fish including anemone fish, eels (morays and blue ribbon), live shells (mostly cowrie and cone), turtles and more, and when we turned away from the wall we saw silver tip sharks, mantas, schooling barracudas and white tip sharks.

Other comments: On another dive in the area I saw a tiger shark as well, and all of the dives offer an incredible diversity of life.

Resort or dive operator: Aquatrek - and Beqa Lagoon Resort

General region: Beqa Lagoon

Dive site name and depth: Beqa Shark Dive - at "The Bistro" - 18 metres or so.

What made this dive extraordinary? 8 species of Shark - Silvertips to 3 m; Bull Sharks to 3.5 - heaps of White Tips and smaller Grey Reefies...and then a gorgeous 4 metre plus Toger Shark.

Other comments: Best soft coral pinnacles in Fiji - see Naigani Island near Ovalau in the Lomaiviti Islands.

Another vote for Beqa Lagoon Resort and the Shark Dive. I prefer Beqa Adventure Diver's Shark dive ( I have done both operators) as theirs take place near a Reef and the visibility and number of sharks were much better.

As for the feeding aspect of these dives, I don't mind it. I wouldn't get a chance to see these animals in the wild on my own and appreciate them.

For what I know about Fiji diving so far (Kadavu, Yasawas and Bligh Waters), I would say

Resort or dive operator: Kai Viti divers

General region: Bligh Waters between Viti and Vanua Levu

Dive site name and depth: G6 and Garden of Eden - 7 to 25 meters deep, coral walls.

What made this dive extraordinary?
General topography. Abundance of soft yellow and purple soft corals, coral fish soup, white tips and grey reefs, big spanish mackerels cruising in the blue... but mostly it's the dinstinctive coral color of the dive that makes it very unusual and pleasant.

On the way back to the resort we stopped on Vatu I ra island crowded with nesting boobies. We hardly could walk without crushing an egg.

Unfortunately Kai Viti Divers is no longer operational, but you can still access the Bligh Water and Vatu-I-Ra dive sites with Wananavu Dive or the liveaboards like Nai'a.

Unfortunately Kai Viti Divers is no longer operational, but you can still access the Bligh Water and Vatu-I-Ra dive sites with Wananavu Dive or the liveaboards like Nai'a.

The Chiropractor thief who used to run it destroyed their reputation! "Julie" was a crook! The Dive staff was wonderful!

E-6, Kodak, My Favorite Dive, and the big fish encounter are the best in Fiji! http://twotankedproductions.com/traveltripinformation/fiji2007.html

820_DSC00879_Princess_takes_fish_Beqa_Fiji_07.jpg

In 12 years of doing shark dives I see no problem what so ever!

Back
Top Bottom