What is your favorite dive destination?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For a nice diving experience it would be a nice to go on the diving tour wich the sea-aquarium of Curacao offers. Which you will visit diferent of the best diving sites on the island, in on day.

Johnathan Goilo

I've only been to Grand Cayman, Belize and Cozumel. Of those I think I like GC the best. I'll go to Roatan in January, and maybe change my mind.

Verde Island, Puerto Galera, Philippines

I would have to say the oceans and springs of Florida. Having lived in FL for the last 6 years I would have to say that the vast diversity of diving available within a car drive/shore dive away just can't be beat. And the Bahamas are a few hours a way by boat and minutes by plane.
Bonaire would be my secend due to the ease of diving.

Top 10 according to Scuba Travel...

Yongala, Australia
Blue Corner Wall, Palau, Micronesia
Thistlegorm, Egyptian Red Sea
Barracuda Point, Sipadan Island
Shark and Yolanda Reef, Egyptian Red Sea
Navy Pier, Western Australia
Manta Ray Night Dive, Kailua Kona, Hawaii
Elphinstone Reef, Egyptian Red Sea
Richelieu Rock, Thailand
Great Blue Hole, Belize

Here in my own backyard - Folley Cove, Gloucester.

However, after 20 years I just took my first trip to the carribean (St. Martin) so I now understand the allure of diving in water warmer than 60 degrees! Heading to Playa in January and will dive Cozumel and the cenotes while there . . . so ask me again in January.

Top 10 according to Scuba Travel...

Yongala, Australia
Blue Corner Wall, Palau, Micronesia
Thistlegorm, Egyptian Red Sea
Barracuda Point, Sipadan Island
Shark and Yolanda Reef, Egyptian Red Sea
Navy Pier, Western Australia
Manta Ray Night Dive, Kailua Kona, Hawaii
Elphinstone Reef, Egyptian Red Sea
Richelieu Rock, Thailand
Great Blue Hole, Belize

I'd go along with the Thistlegorm being one of the world's top wrecks, even though it is a shadow of its former self, and Shark and Yolanda Reef are one of the best wall dives in the Egyptian Red Sea, especially in June/July during breeding season, but listing Elphinstone as being in the top 10? It used to be a great site for shark sightings, etc, but now it is open to dayboats as well as liveaboards, and you even have big, fast RIBs running out from shore. The coral is still good, but the shark action is nothing like it was. Think Scuba Travel need to update...

For me, currently, the best place I have been is the Sudanese Red Sea. Great walls, currents, plenty of sharks (hammers, silkies, tigers, grey reef, silvertip, etc) and an amazing wreck in the form of the Umbria (like the Thistlegorm 20 years ago).

Mark

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom