What is your beer of choice?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If I was stranded on some island and the only beer available was American Budweiser I'd contemplate emptying my bladder over your dead body - at least then you'd be absolved of the Budweiser mortal sin :)
Now now, I know that Bud is a little too "American" for most euro's, but it's not THAT bad. The only time I take one is if I'm offered one and don't wan't to be rude. But there are many other American brands that I would buy before Budweiser.

I guess all the advertising with the clydsdales, budweiser bikini girls, the Bud top fuel dragster race team, and all the rest of the stuff hasn't reached the UK or Europe yet, eh?
t's probably the only reason Americans like it is because they've been told they need to like it.

ZKY- disagree with you, Budweiser is that bad - btw the American reference was to distinguish it from the Czech Budvar brand the name of which Anheuser Busch tried to buy.

The Budweiser adverts did reach the UK by the way and however clever the marketing is cannot disguise the fact that rice based beer does not taste as good as other beers.

Sam Adams Summer Brew
Sierra Nevada Pale Ale
Bass Ale
Landshark Lager

ZKY- disagree with you, Budweiser is that bad - btw the American reference was to distinguish it from the Czech Budvar brand the name of which Anheuser Busch tried to buy.

The Budweiser adverts did reach the UK by the way and however clever the marketing is cannot disguise the fact that rice based beer does not taste as good as other beers.
To me Bud isn't foul to the point that I have to hold my nose (Mexican beers are though), it's just that Budweiser is bland and doesn't do too much for me. Rice based beers not only are cheap to produce but also result in very pale and bland beers, almost like they've been cut with cheap saki.
They say "Beachwood aged", so they're trying to tell me they barrel it in beachwood barrels to give it flavor? yeah right.

I know why it's popular though, and that's because many parts of the U.S. are arid and can be very hot and dry in the summer, Americans have adapted by producing beers that are very light and usually drunk ice cold to try and combat the heat, and at the same time light enough that you can have several of them without getting full. Extremely ice cold beer is an American thing, more than any other country I know of.
Even though the richer more flavorful beers of England and Europe are way better, and even some of the custom micro brews we have here are worlds beyond the cheap stuff, The el cheapo piss water beers still sell like crazy. Maybe it's the recession. I have to admit that lately I've been buying 99 cent 24 oz cans of the cheap stuff just because I can't afford the good stuff right now. I figure it's better than nothing.

Personally, I refrigerate no beer. If it doesn't have the taste to go from the cellar to the glass I don't buy it a second time, unless it's meant to give to friends who prefer their brews thinner and ice cold.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom