Votes: 6 25.0%
  • eight to twelve

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • more than twelve

Votes: 4 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just some thoughts here. Not to sound vain, but if a picture of "me" is in the slide show I'd be willing to watch longer....if the pictures are "fun" and interesting I wouldn't mind watching 8-12minutes. Don't do too many repitions, even if this or that series of pictures is fun...too much is still too much.

If it's run as background to a party, it can be quite long, and people's attention can be caught by the pictures that are interesting to them. If you are expecting people to be quiet and attend to the presentation, I would keep it under ten minutes. Ten minutes doesn't sound like much, but it can be an eternity if you aren't captivated.

(I'm judging from the fact that, as much as I ADORE watching cave diving videos, ten minutes is about my outside attention span.)

I went to a friends retirement party. They had about a 20 minute slide show that had pictures of the ships, foreign ports and projects over the years. It would have been incredibly boring to sit through, but they had it on the TV as backround. It was more of a conversation starter than a presentation. It was a hit.

Anyone can enjoy a 5 minute presentation after that they start getting fidgety unless they're really interested.

I also like diving and video but but I can't believe how fast I get bored watching underwater footage.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom