what is the role.....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

technicalbeast

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
OK now so before becoming instructor someone have to be a dive master,.... NOW what is the role of dive master.... and actually what dive master do.........

In simple terms, in the PADI world, the role of the DM is multi-fold and can include:

Supervising
certified divers;

Assisting
instructors; and,

Teaching
a limited number of classes/courses.

I've been somewhat busy and haven't had much time to blog but I would invite you to read my blog posts about "what is a dive guide"... I'm a PADI Master Instructor but I work primarily as a dive guide these days - which is a generic sort of divemaster....

Supervising divers, Assisting student divers, teaching some stuff - yes - also - filling, maintaining and repairing tanks and compressors and dive equipment, boat and vehicle maintenance, sales and marketing and website development, dive centre management and invoicing, course management and logistics, boat excursion logistics and scheduling, provision of both primary and secondary medical care and assistance, amateur psychologist, defender of divers from marauding trigger fish, removal of vomit, diarrhoea and other general cleaning activities, wildlife expert, locator or nudibranchs, general all-round knowledgeable dogsbody and entertainer....

... to name but a few! :D

Cheers

C.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom