What is the quietest DPV?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So what is the most silent DPV?

well-tell-you-5b5dd0.jpg

Recently, I witnessed one of the biggest (if not the biggest) name in diving telling someone that 80cu' is enough bailout for X amount of penetration. No consideration on flow, depth or sac rate or swim speed. Just 80cu' should be good enough for 2000' of penetration.

Pretty sure I know who you are talking about. I heard him say something similar once, but I took it in context (local caves, 100’ or so, high flow driving you out anyway, experienced cave diver that probably has a couple thousand hours in that system).

I've said this elsewhere, but every diver/caver is unique just like every cave. At the very minimum every new caver should be taught to not try to dive like anyone else, but to progress slowly as their training and experience allow. Just because one caver can make a certain dive, doesn't mean I can. In fact, having that attitude should preclude them from getting a cave cert of any type.

Back to the point though, find a DPV quiet enough for you yet Pete?

Back to the point though, find a DPV quiet enough for you yet Pete?
Not yet... got some research done, but am having some health issues. Contracted Lyme disease about 20 years ago, and it's reappeared. I start a round of a custom antibiotics on Tuesday. Don't know how long, what it entails or even how much until I see the Doc then.

Back
Top Bottom