What is the purpose of PADI Junior Divemaster?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Teenager is such a stupid term (a rather recent one at that) meant to keep young but GROWN human beings in a permanent state of adolescence, best way to achieve that is to A: treat them like children B: Not give them responsibility AND the authority to exercise the responsibility with, then follow up with no accountability.

Anyway....

As for Divemaster, either you are or you are not. IF the student is considered too young (and or immature) you wait until he is considered of an age (and or mature) at which point he can become Divemaster, not some half ass diluted nonsense that IS nothing but a money grab, and a disorder caused by a policing control freakish nanny state mentality where everyone is to be controlled and kept "safe" by government or some agency acting on behalf of government.

Edit
England of course, why am I not surprised.

Teenager is such a stupid term (a rather recent one at that) meant to keep young but GROWN human beings in a permanent state of adolescence, best way to achieve that is to A: treat them like children B: Not give them responsibility AND the authority to exercise the responsibility with, then follow up with no accountability.

Anyway....

As for Divemaster, either you are or you are not. IF the student is considered too young (and or immature) you wait until he is considered of an age (and or mature) at which point he can become Divemaster, not some half ass diluted nonsense that IS nothing but a money grab, and a disorder caused by a policing control freakish nanny state mentality where everyone is to be controlled and kept "safe" by government or some agency acting on behalf of government.

Edit
England of course, why am I not surprised.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I detect a hint of negativity towards the scheme in the tone of your post. Are you advocating that someone should not be a DM untill they're 18yrs old, or that a younger person completing the course should be given full responsibility as a fully fledged DM?

Not quite sure why England has been singled out for your rancour.

Are you advocating that someone should not be a DM untill they're 18yrs old, or that a younger person completing the course should be given full responsibility as a fully fledged DM?

Either 18 or the age should be lowered. If you complete the course you should be a Dive Master. End of. Full stop.

If you take a driver's license you are a driver and can drive any car you want, buy any car you want etc. If you want a younger person to drive a car you would A: lower the age B: Make it so that when the course was completed the person held a full fledged driver's license.

It's not rocket science.

Pretty sure it is a liability thing with a dive pro that is not legally an adult.

Let's also remember that this is a pilot program by PADI. Give them a chance to work the issues out. I'm sure their lawyers are having them be on the conservative side. Nothing wrong with that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom