What is the oddest thing you've found on the bottom of the ocean?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So far my oddest find was a golf ball, 5 iron and small transistor radio lying alone on a sandy moonscape bottom at 100'. Nothing else around. Still seems strange.

A Db.

Barracuda2:
It reads "Treibolschalter" which I have yet to find out what it means. On the back it has ""I - 05" imprinted; don't know what that stands for either. It now decorates my memoribelia hutch.

That's intruiging. I live next door to Germany, so to speak... in The Netherlands. Let me take a shot.

It probably says "Treiböl" (not the little dots above the 'o'). "Öl" is "oil".
"Treib" kan be translated to "propulsion" (among other things... but since it came from a sub...)

"Propulsion oil switch" would be my guess. They used some kind of hydraulics in their propulsion system.

Melle
(*not* a German, you mind! Dutch...)

Not in the ocean, mind you, but still fun. In the Comal River (near New Braunfels, Texas) people "tube" the slow moving, spring fed river in great numbers. Found lots of coins, a set of car keys (bet THAT caused someone a headache), six pairs of sunglasses, and some rather cheap jewelry. The most intrigueing find, though, was the bikini top. Yup, that probably caused a bit of consternation at the exit point, too.

I saw a diver with a huge *** wearing a full 5mm bright blue wetsuit off Columbia reef in Cozumel - in June. That was pretty odd.

While it wasn't an artifact, my strangest experience was bumping into a sea turtle at 70' after I had been sitting on the ocean floor looking at some tube worms. I stood up and hit my head on the underside of the turtle's shell. I guess it had been hovering there observing me. We were both suprised at that one.

Last year I was diving St. Thomas and toward the end of the dive something caught my eye. I picked it up and it was a quarter! Ok No big deal right? Well the interesting thing is that I am from South Carolina and it was a South Carolina quarter. So I named it my official lucky quarter and it stays burried in my wallet for good luck. Overall, I'd say its working pretty good!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom