What is the current going rate for gear to be serviced?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubapro regs as well as Scubapro BC. Nothing special needed to be done. Gear is 18 years old but is in very good shape.

why are you avoiding the question of where you took it as far as the shop is concerned and what specifically was done to it? $360 to service a set of scubapro regs is highway robbery for a plain service. If that included a new piston, couple new hoses, etc. then it can make sense, but if it was a plain service I don't understand why you don't want to disclose where you took it to prevent someone else from getting ripped off.

Airtech is one of the most expensive places around.
Their prices would have been 4x$35 for labor for a normal single tank reg and the BC. $140+service kits which are on average $25 each so $240 from the most expensive and arguably most competent repair shop in the country which happens to be Raleigh. Unless you had to have a new piston, the salt buildup was excessive requiring extra labor to clean and/or you needed new hoses *all of which they should have called you for before they did*, then I don't see how anyone could justify $360

Scubapro regs as well as Scubapro BC. Nothing special needed to be done. Gear is 18 years old but is in very good shape.
If nothing out of the ordinary was done, that is way high. In February, I got two regulators serviced. Both are under parts for life, so parts aren’t included. So, in total, I got two 1sts, two 2nds, and two Octo-Zs serviced. Total was around $192 including tax. Rate my LDS charged was $29.99/stage. Next year, it will be more, but only because I added a third set to the mix.

If you’ve got another LDS in your area that can service your regs, I’d change ASAP. If not, there are plenty of remote services that you can send out to. Some posted on this thread. Post the invoice showing what was done.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom