What is the condition at CSSP?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SPlainsDiver

Registered
Reaction score
Hi! A friend and I are going to dive CSSP for the first time this Saturday (8/20). What is the condition and visibility like right now - above and under the thermocline? Any suggestion and tips for having some good dives out there?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Huey

Hi Huey,
I was out there on Sunday. Vis ranged from 10-15' down by the airplane to around 10' near the shark and of course less where the students had been. The thermocline was at about 32' and in most places, below it everthing was a brown color, with lots of particles floating around. Over near the wall along the southeast side, it was actually a bit better. The temps ranged from 85 on the surface to 80 at 32'. I didn't go down into the thermocline much since the vis was not worth it.

There are hundreds of small fish, less than an inch long, around the shark. Interesting to swim thru them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom