What is the best wing for the DiveRite TansPacII if you mostly dive with a single?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

"Sounds like it works fine using the REC wing with a single."

respectfully disagree, so sorry. I found that the Rec Wing wraps up around a single tank. This would be OK except for the fact that maybe more air is on one side than the other, and it'll try to roll you. It can't really roll you, but it's annoying. I learned to roll back a bit and burp some air to the other side to try to equalize, but often had to get vertical and then horizontal again to try to equalize the sides of the wing. If you have bungees, you can tighten them to squeeze the air to equal, but I don't want bungees cause I dive in overhead environments and they are thought to be an entanglement hazzard.

I don't know if the Trek wing has solved the problem. I have a travel wing, which works better, but best of all is my Halcyon pioneer 27# which is very small and equalizes itself.

My opinion is that you need a wing for singles and a wing for doubles. The Rec wing is fine for doubles, though I'd rather have a Halcyon. My first choices would be Halcyon Pioneer for singles and Halcyon Explorer for doubles. Goodbye lots of money, but I haven't really been happy with the Rec Wing for singles.

The little travel wing, the nerdiest wing of all, actually works just fine with singles too. If you want Dive Rite, travel and Rec.
:p

Well just picked up a dry suit....

Looks like I will actually go with a Trek for now.. and get a REC wing later.

Thanks for all the input.

EDIT: Nope.. decided to go with the Halcyon BP with Pioneer 37lb. wing, harness, crotch strap!

:D

Back
Top Bottom