What is the best wing for the DiveRite TansPacII if you mostly dive with a single?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I use the trek wing. Good with single and dual Alum's.

If you're going to heavy steel I'd get the Rec. I just didn't like the Rec and a single.

At 40lbs of lift. The trek was fine. I don't want 50lbs with a single.

Also you can use the trek for side mounting later if you go that route.

On my backplate I use a 27lb Halcyon for singles. So the Rec at 50 is overkill. And I know about the bunjees, I just prefer a wing that is the right size and not restricted.

One thing I'd suggest is to get 2 wings. One for singles and one for doubles. If you're doing more single diving now get a small wing. Then when you start diving duals get around a 55lb wing. 45lb for Alum's..... I have a 65lb but only use it when using heavy steels and stages...

I dive the travel wing with singles.
My diving style (trying to get into good camera position without touching the reef) finds me frequently rolling in a near vertical head-down position, and I have trouble with air-trapping on one side of any wing that doesn't have a way to shunt air side-to-side while head low - the travel wing does and balances well.
Rick

Drysuit with lots of lead? Tropical in a t-shirt?

If you don't need the lift, get the travel wing. It looks lame, but it is so streamlined. Less is more.

The trek should cover all single tank requirements.

I use the REC wings with a single aluminum 80 cause I can use it with my 3mm in the summer or my Drysuit in the winter. I also use a 95cuft steel with the REC wings. I have not had a problem of wings "getting in the way" at all. One less thing to have to change out.

My 2 cents worth!

Thanks for the input.

Sounds like it works fine using the REC wing with a single.

I am going to be diving a 7mm wetsuit with single 80 aluminum
(steal if possible). Cold water.

Thanks.

The trek is more than adequate for diving with singles. The rec is overkill, especially is you are diving with al80's.
I dive twin steel 95's with my rec wing and I find that more than enough.
If you plan on diving with a drysuit with twin al's, you will find that the trek will be just fine.

Back
Top Bottom