What is the best way to tie bungee ends together?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Don't know if this will help but here's how I did it.
No zip ties, single bungee w/ two loops.

Attachments

• Bungee Mount Compass - Computer.pdf
    123.9 KB · Views: 306
If you use the DSS gauge mounts there's a much simpler way. Tie a knot at the end, pass the bungie top-down through the lower left hole, then down-top through the upper left hole to make a loop for the wrist, then tie an overhand knot in the bungie and bring it top down through the upper-right and down-top through the lower right. You don't need to tie the ends of the bungie together or use any zip ties.

The overhand knot in the middle will slide back and forth between the upper holes, so each loop grows when you put your arm through it then shrinks back when the whole thing is on and stable. You end up with a mount that is easy to take on and off but also quite snug and tight. If it is too wide with some suit (i.e., if you sized it for drysuit but are wearing the gauge with wetsuit or skin dive), you just take the overhand knot in the middle, and pull it down in front of the gauge, and it will tighten and stay tight. Also, if there is a cut anywhere in the bungie, because of the overhand knot in the middle only one loop will be affected and the gauge won't fall off.

If you use the DSS gauge mounts there's a much simpler way.

I didn't quite understand your description, but it gave me an idea. So thanks :wink:

Henrik

Don't know if this will help but here's how I did it.
No zip ties, single bungee w/ two loops.

Thanks. I liked the pics. I bought a bungee mount from dss for my computer and ended up doing something similiar, but I used a separate piece of bungee for either side. I used really tight square knots then melted the knot together.
Carrie

I used 3 zip-ties to secure the two ends of the bungee cord, they are not going anywhere, and some super glue for added security. If I lose either my computer or compass underwater, I might have to lose an arm.

If you don't have any zip ties, I have a few hundred of things laying around the house.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom