What is the best luxury resort to dive at in Bali?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The most luxury resort in Tulamben area /Kubu/ is Siddhartha, Siddhartha, Dive Resort and Spa in Bali / Enjoy your dive holiday. Problem is that it is not so close to dive sites, around 10 km by car I think from Liberty wreck.

Thank you for your kind words, in fact we are only a 5 min boat-ride from the Liberty, a 3km drive (which takes about 5min as well).
We have a total of 15 great local dive-sites, a few of which I personally discovered and that no one else are diving because of the difficult beach entries, these sites can all be reached within max. 20min by our purpose built glass-fiber dive-boat.

Best regards, Morten
Diving Operations Manager @ The Siddhartha

We are thinking of going to Bali next year summer and are looking at which resort to stay at. There will be the 3 of us, man wife and 17 yr old son (who needs his own room). We are looking for a luxury resort where we can go diving every day but that also arrange visiting the more touristic sites in Bali. We would like to be picked up at the airport and then taken to the resort. We would like multiple restaurants to be available at the resort or within walking distance. (we don't want to rent a car). The dive operation should be world class and diving should be only minutes away from the resort by boat (we dislike long boat rides, because of a tendency to get seasick).

I would appreciate any comments from people who have personally been to such a resort in Bali. Yes I did look at Wakatobi but that is not in Bali now is it.

Based on your criteria, you are going to have to make some compromises. Bali, of course, offers all of your needs, but not contained in one small area. The most popular world class diving in Bali is actually centered around an island called Nusa Penida- about 40ish minutes by boat east of Sanur. There are beauftiful places to stay in Sanur and lots of places to walk and eat. If you stay in Sanur you will need to cross some big water to dive Nusa Penida. You could dive around Sanur, but the diving is so-so. Another aspect to consider is that Nusa Penida sites can be challenging with current. I do not know your family's expereince and comfort level, but it needs to be mentioned.

You could stay on Lembongan, an island next to Nusa Penida, in a number of beautiful villas and be very close to world class diving. There are places to walk and eat, most are ok to good, but then you are not on Bali and away from the cultural/"touristic" sites.

You could head to Ahmed or Tulamben- about 3-4 hours north of the airport. There are beautiful villas and many places to eat in Ahmed. Tulamben is much smaller, about 15 small resorts clustered around some awesome shore diving. Ahmed has some awesome shore dives as well, and is just a short car ride to Tulamben. There is great hiking in the area too. The dive shops will arrange transport to the number of shore dives. And you can hire a car and driver to take you to dinners in Ahmed for really cheap. The only downside to this is your teenager may get a little stir-crazy. There is nothing to do in Tulamben but dive. Ahmed has a little more going on...but not much. I love it there, but it is sleepy.

The southwest coast of Bali has the most going on in terms of great food, partying, etc... I think the fanciest area is Seminyak, and your teenage son might be happiest there. Most tourists stay on this side of Bali- world class surfing, world class party (If you are into that). Picture it as sort of Cancun, Mexico for Australia. If you stay here to dive you will need 40 minute car ride to Sanur, then see above.

The bottom line is this- if you want the best diving Indonesia and/or Bali has to offer, no matter where you go will need to stay in a pretty much self-contained resort in a remote area. That is just how it works. Perhaps your best bet is stay in several different areas dedicated to different aspects of Bali. Maybe a few days on Lembongan diving, transport to Seminyak and get your boy some surf lessons and see the wild side of Bali, transport to Ubud for the amazing cultural side of Bali, transport to Ahmed for a few more days of diving. There are a number of tour operators here who can make that happen.

Anyway...just an idea.

Hope the op has already found an answer to his question asked 2 years ago.
I do agree with the latest comment saying it's best to split your time between different parts of Bali if you have such stringent requirement. I can't think of Anywhere in Indonesia that would meet all the requirements (5*, multiple restaurants, no/small boat rides, etc).
In Bali, staying at Alila or Amankila in Manggis could be pretty close to the op's expectations.
Also, Ahmed is an Arabic name. Amed is a village in Bali!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom