What is Tank and Fin wax?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Johanan

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi!

I was browsing through different lists of items for a Save a Dive kit and encountered a thing called "Tank and Fin Wax". Tried to google but didn't find any explanations. Do you know what it is? I have wax for dry suit zippers and gloves, but - should I wax also fins and tanks?:confused:

Thanks!

J.

LOL!

Sounds like a great product to boost lagging LDS profits. Little cost, high markup and no conceivable use.

LOL! Sounds like a great product to boost lagging LDS profits. Little cost, high markup and no conceivable use.

You may be right!:)

Sounds like it would fit in the same category as a "left handed smoke shifter" or "spaghetti peeler"

Tank and Fin wax is supposed to reduce surface tension and allow water to pass over them easier.

Yup, here a few other things I have told people to find.... It keep them busy for awhile...

100ft of Flight Line
A Box of Short Circuits
A 10 Gauge Wire Stretcher
Muffler Bearings
Antenna Grease
Bucket of Clean Air
1 Gallon of Blinker Fluid
Metric Screwdriver

I called the dive shop in Florida that put the Dive Leader's Save A Dive ( http://www.lloydbaileysscuba.com/Docs/SaveADiveKit.pdf ) list out and he told me that the wax was a joke that one of his staff members added to the list. He didn't realize that the list was still in circulation on his website.

So SM Members you hit this nail on the head...:D

Tank and Fin wax is supposed to reduce surface tension and allow water to pass over them easier.

Yup, here a few other things I have told people to find.... It keep them busy for awhile...

100ft of Flight Line
A Box of Short Circuits
A 10 Gauge Wire Stretcher
Muffler Bearings
Antenna Grease
Bucket of Clean Air
1 Gallon of Blinker Fluid
Metric Screwdriver

There are muffler bearing (in a turbo charger) and there are metric screwdrivers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom