What is most beautiful topside Caribbean destination

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SueMermaid:

Surprised to hear that! I had thought that Bonaire was mostly featureless terrain punctated by scrub brush. Anyhow, as I hope to go there next year, I am glad to hear it. Also plan to go to Tobago in January, so I'm particularly glad to hear the positive comments about that island.

Dave

Bonaire is great diving but not a lush island. If you want lush, with acceptable diving St. Lucia would be high on my list. Tortola and Virgin Gorda would also be on my list..

Tobago has got it all top side. Rent a four wheel drive and the island is yours to explore. The people are also great. American tourists haven't discovered this island yet and because their building codes are strict, the island is pristine. You don't see the trash, stripped cars, etc. on the side of the roads like you see on many other Caribbean islands. My $.02

Barracuda2

dlwalke:
Surprised to hear that! I had thought that Bonaire was mostly featureless terrain punctated by scrub brush. Anyhow, as I hope to go there next year, I am glad to hear it. Also plan to go to Tobago in January, so I'm particularly glad to hear the positive comments about that island.

Dave

Bonaire is lovely underwater - above water it _is_ "mostly featureless terrain punctated by scrub brush" - there's some interesting scenery like the salt pans and flamingos, but "Garden of Eden" it's not.

Dominica is the answer I'd have to give for the spots we've been to so far. We stayed on the coast about midway between Roseau and Portsmouth (place is no longer in business - Anse-a-Liane). Rented our own 4WD and did diving with East Carib dive. Great combination of underwater and above water topography / ecology, and very laid back.

How can this question be answered without the person travelling to all the available destinations????

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom