What is most beautiful topside Caribbean destination

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My vote is for Dominica, St Lucia and St. Vincent. In that order.

Good luck in your search and enjoy wherever you go.

Dive Smart; Dive Safe
Enjoy the ride
:cool1:

Great question. I have been to 12 Carib. islands so far. St Lucia is by far the most picturesque. It has lush rainforests, volcanos, great beaches, beautiful water, and friendly people.

Dominica is on my short list to go to. Though I have read they don't have much as far as beaches go. All the positive coments about Tobago has me intrigued. I will have to check it out.

Best of luck in your search for Eden.

That's my order of preference (see my profile for list of islands visited). Dominica is a lost-world paradise with steaming rainforests, soaring, jungle-carpeted mountains, pristine, rushing rivers, magestic waterfalls and gorgeous ocean views. Almost every inch of the island boasts spectacular scenery, from the North's mangroves to the South's ocean cliffs to the east's crashing waves at the foot of towering hillsides to the west's tranquil ocean highway. The center of the island has numerous mountains with some amazing hikes, including the famed Boiling Lake trek which features environments unfound in any other locale I've seen.

Excellent diving as well.

Regards,

I'm going to st. lucia in sept I was excited before, after reading the comments I'm realllllly excited. I've been to grenada and it is very tropical with forests and waterfalls, I didn't dive there so don't know what to expect. I want to go back there and get some more spices my taste buds haven't been the same since I had fresh chocolate, nutmeg, cinamon......better stop before i droll all over the key board.

Barracuda2:
Tobago has got it all top side. Rent a four wheel drive and the island is yours to explore. The people are also great. American tourists haven't discovered this island yet and because their building codes are strict, the island is pristine. You don't see the trash, stripped cars, etc. on the side of the roads like you see on many other Caribbean islands. My $.02

Barracuda2

Please tell me more about Tobago. We want to go to Carib in March. 05. We have cruised the Western Carib, but now want to go south and stay on land. We like the idea of lush island, secluded beaches and great diving. How do you get to Tobago from San Juan Puerto Rico? Where would you stay in Tobago? Thanks for the help
Tahitisweeti@comcast.net

Tell me more about Tobago. Want to go March 2005. How do you get from San Juan PR to Tobago. What recommendations on lodging and dive operators. How about a trip that is 4 days in Tobago and 4 days in St. Lucia?

Back
Top Bottom