What is MOF and NMOF?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MOF = Mask On Forehead
NMOF = No Mask On Forehead

It's a topic that gets pretty heated at times

MOF = Mask On Forehead

NMOF = No Mask On Forehead

(Think Mike Nelson vs. "oh my God, there's a diver in distress.")

Some years ago, there was a thread arguing about the topic of whether masks should be worn on the forehead, or whether this was a sign of intense stupidity/ incompetence/ certain death. The thread grew to giant proportions, then went off-topic in a spectacular way to become an enormous chatroom (and an attempt to create Scubabboard's longest thread). The original thread is still in the archives, its decendant still thrives over in the surface interval. MOFers and NMOFers sometimes show their positions in their sig lines.

HELP! I am in distress...can't you tell? I see so many people with their mask on their foreheads I just do not pay any attention.
bridges.jpg

with our club if your mask is on your forehead is a 6 pack..

and if you leave your tank standing n walk away its a pizza...so many people owe me pizzas

I am unashamedly, adamantly and stubbornly MOF and I carry a speargun. Any questions?:ar15:

I must say when I took AOW and I climbed back on boat my instructor had say no mask on forehead... next tank dive I got back on boat first mate had teased me no mask on forehead... I didn't understand until this thread was found.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom