What is MOF and NMOF?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For my school, putting the mask on the forehead is simply a lack of respect to the fellow divers.
MOF means that you are some one that has learned to dive in the wrong way.
Not taking things so seriously the reason is that if you fall back to the water when climbing the ladder to the boat, the mask can be swept by the water and you will lose it.

Oh man...I wasn't taking this thread seriously until I read this. You mean that I show lack of respect to other divers if I wear my mask on my forehead. Woah.

Is THAT why they keep kicking me in the head underwater??? Ohhhhhhh!:chairfight: I never knew!

Is there a dive etiquette cert I can get?

What about MOA? I've seen plenty of people that carry their mask on their arm including my knucle head son. We were doing a surface swim and he looks at me and says my mask fell of my arm. I caught up with it at 20ft.

As far as MOF, I saw one and being the enthusiastic rescue diver approached and asked if I could assist, he returned a puzzled look which clearly indicated stress, I quickly dropped to 5 ft came up from behind grabbed his tank and drug him to the dock. Dumped his gear, drug him up the ladder by the wet suit and performed CPR.

Wait actually he was at the dock and I said Hi, how was your dive.

Is it MOF if the mask is backwards and the strap is on the forehead?

Is it MOF if the mask is backwards and the strap is on the forehead?

That's MSOF. It's O.K. too.

DC

And all this time I thought people were pissed at the Ministry Of Finance. Thanks for the clarification

For my school, putting the mask on the forehead is simply a lack of respect to the fellow divers.MOF means that you are some one that has learned to dive in the wrong way.Not taking things so seriously the reason is that if you fall back to the water when climbing the ladder to the boat, the mask can be swept by the water and you will lose it.

Really ...

From your post I can see your a person who Demands respect from his fellow divers

MOF means that you are some one that has learned to dive your own way

For my school, putting the mask on the forehead is simply a lack of respect to the fellow divers.
MOF means that you are some one that has learned to dive in the wrong way.
Not taking things so seriously the reason is that if you fall back to the water when climbing the ladder to the boat, the mask can be swept by the water and you will lose it.

I'm thinking your school is really uptight.
On another note, if you have people who fall off the ladder, they have other issues to worry about.:rofl3:

I thought it stood for Mean Ole Fer's and Nasty Mean Ole Fer's. Who knew....

Last edited:
Mask on forehead, not smart. It will get washed away in the current while yore swimming out to your dive site on your back. Ask me how I know? My ex- husband ruined our dive day after a two hour trip to Seattle. Of course, he didn't even have a spare!

Good reason to make him the ex-husband?

I learned to dive in the early 1970's & there was no discussion of this. Somewhere along the way it was created.

Do what you want, I'm not gonna bitch you out about it. If you bitch me out about it, we won't be diving together any more.

Back
Top Bottom