What is happening in Singapore right now?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

At least the official covid numbers are credible. Indonesia, however, may be a totally different matter. Video: Jakarta buries more than 1,000 bodies according to COVID-19 protocol - The Jakarta Post
Controversy over the true numbers is not unique to Indonesia but they are among the questionable count. The actual article has a fire wall so I did a screen shot of the relevant FB post.

CF946345-32C0-4BFF-AAD4-F47CA189E93A.jpeg

This doesn’t look good for Singapore on many levels.

Singapore Had a Coveted Coronavirus Plan. What Went Wrong?
Indeed HKSAR Gov was slow to close our border with china. The HKSAR had to take order from the master in Peking!!!! They are absolutely useless.

Hundreds of medical workers walk off in protest - RTHK

Hong Kong medical workers vote down plans to extend strike into next week

There might be repercussion when the outbreak is settled.

4 new cases yesterday in HK and they are all imported( 2 each from USA and UK).

Knock yourself out. About 1500 to 3000 die in Australia from the flu per year which makes covid 19 look like a pussy.

how many people die from the common cold in australia - Google Search

Couldn't find the link any where. What killed them, inhaling too much flue gas? :D

Figures were just something Namreg 58 claimed in his previous post (above). Maybe if you look through enough of the other headings / links that show up on the page via the link he posted you will, but I only went through a couple there and didn't find his figures. Not saying he made them up by any means, but it's a waste of time trying to reason with a 'denier' anyway. :laughrant:

And 'inhaling flue gas', well I haven't heard of that mix, but I assume a experienced fill station may be able to blend it up for you, should you so desire of course. :rofl3:

Figures were just something Namreg 58 claimed in his previous post (above). Maybe if you look through enough of the other headings / links that show up on the page via the link he posted you will, but I only went through a couple there and didn't find his figures. Not saying he made them up by any means, but it's a waste of time trying to reason with a 'denier' anyway. :laughrant:

And 'inhaling flue gas', well I haven't heard of that mix, but I assume a experienced fill station may be able to blend it up for you, should you so desire of course. :rofl3:

Just kidding there KD, as you keep saying "Flue" instead of "Flu".

Back to the topic. I believe on data. Based on the following data, as shown in COVID-19/Coronavirus Live Updates With Credible Sources in US and Canada | 1Point3Acres

Singapore is just like other countries that are still on the exponential curve growth of the pandemic, as shown in the figures, below. The only country other than China that manage to flatten the curve is South Korea.

World - 5% Growth Rate
World.JPG

USA - 5% Growth Rate
USA.JPG

Singapore - 12% Growth Rate
Singapore.JPG

South Korea - 0% Growth Rate
S_Korea.JPG

J
Back to the topic. I believe on data. Based on the following data, as shown in COVID-19/Coronavirus Live Updates With Credible Sources in US and Canada | 1Point3Acres

Singapore is just like other countries that are still on the exponential curve growth of the pandemic, as shown in the figures, below. The only country other than China that manage to flatten the curve is South Korea.

HK and Republic of China did not need to flatten the curve because we never let the infection got out of hand right in the beginning!

Singapore only got themselves to blame for the outcome.
Malaysia and Thailand were also slow to act until the infection climbed suddenly.

HK and Republic of China did not need to flatten the curve because we never let the infection got out of hand right in the beginning!

Singapore only got themselves to blame for the outcome.
Malaysia and Thailand were also slow to act until the infection climbed suddenly.

In order to compare between countries with different population sizes, we have to adjust figures for population sizes. This is done by looking at the infection rates per 1,000,000 population. Infection rates per million for a selection of countries is provided below:

Spain - 4,457
Belgium - 3,614
Switzerland - 3,266
Italy - 3,098
USA - 2,564
UK - 1,966
Germany - 1798
Singapore - 1,733
Denmark - 1,366
Finland - 745
NZ - 301
Australia - 261
S. Korea - 209
Malaysia - 171
HK - 138
Thailand - 40
Taiwan - 18

Source as at about 9:00 AM HK Time on Thursday 23 April 2020: Coronavirus Update (Live): 2,637,673 Cases and 184,217 Deaths from COVID-19 Virus Pandemic - Worldometer

Offhand I'd say that you comments, especially for Thailand, is delusional.

This doesn’t look good for Singapore on many levels.

Singapore Had a Coveted Coronavirus Plan. What Went Wrong?
It is quite sad. Lots of uneasiness and tensions are brewing.

Woman scolds KFC NEX staff's 'whole family to die' before spitting on her
Quarrel at Playmade Waterway Point arose when staff told rider it would be a 'f*cking long' wait
GrabFood rider & Burger King staff quarrel at AMK Hub allegedly over cancelled orders

All McD are closed island wide because some of the staff got infected in few outlets.

The recent announcement of lockdown extension until 6/1 does not help and really made a lot of ppl unhappy. But I think this is just govt managing expectation. Just my guess but I think there will be some kind of reprieve on the lockdown measures come mid-May.

Back
Top Bottom