what is better

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

this post couldnt have come at a better time I paid for a trip on the magician this past friday for a trip on july 30th,I only had the info from their website. nice to know so far everyone thinks it is a good boat

Long Beach Boats: The Encore and the Great Escape are my favorites. The Cee Ray is also located in Long Beach. It's ok...but not one of my favorites. I agree on the remarks re fills and food.

San Pedro/ 22nd Street Landing

I haven't been on the Magician since Chamber Day 2002, However, I will be on it this Saturday going out to the Oil Rigs. I am familiar with the new owner/ Captain Jerry. He used to own the Sea Bass. He's a great Captain and runs a good crew. His George Foreman Grill Hamburgers are to die for!!! So...give the Magician a chance IMO.

Diver_Jan:
His George Foreman Grill Hamburgers are to die for!!!

Jan,
Be prepared for much more (and better) than GF grill food. The Magician has a full galley, unlike the Sea Bass, and we ate a ton this last weekend. Breakfast (I didn't eat anything other than my bagel with pb, but what I saw others eating) was eggs, french toast, bacon, sausage, danishes, muffins, bagels, fruit, etc... Lunch was teriyaki chicken with rice and corn and salad. There were assorted snacks throughout the day, and choc. cake with vanilla ice cream for the trip back. Definitely prepare to be well fed....

My first boat dive was on the Cee Ray, during my OW cert in 2004. I thought it was funny how they assigned you a paper cup for the duration of the trip, and you were to put your initials on it, because you weren't going to get another one.

Also, not much room for gear on the boat. Pretty easy to get your gear mixed up with others'.

And I agree, in my opinion the food was pretty, um...well, let's just say when I got home that night I was starving. I've never had the desire to do much boat diving since, so I can't give you any recommendations.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom