What is a p-valve?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When I'm putting my gear away, I use a condiment squeeze bootle to flush water through the p-valve. Some people add vinegar, a little bleach, or a disenfectant solution.

I use mouthwash, because of the alcohol and the fresh sent.

I saw some extra large bottles of the mouthwash at the dollar store one day, and so I bought 4 bottles. As the cashier was ringing me up, she took a sideways glance at me and muttered, "Yeah, cheap way to buy alcohol, huh?" I guess some drunks drink mouthwash. I tried to think of a way to explain about the pee valve and everything, but just stood there looking stupid.

I use mouthwash, because of the alcohol and the fresh sent.

I saw some extra large bottles of the mouthwash at the dollar store one day, and so I bought 4 bottles. As the cashier was ringing me up, she took a sideways glance at me and muttered, "Yeah, cheap way to buy alcohol, huh?" I guess some drunks drink mouthwash. I tried to think of a way to explain about the pee valve and everything, but just stood there looking stupid.
I think maybe she might just as well think youre a drunk. The alternative isnt neccesarilly much better :p

is a p-valve something that most would want on thier suit or not?
Yes. As has been already stated, people in drysuits w/o a valve will tend to under-hydrate just to keep it "safe". They'll claim to just have big bladders and say that clear urine is a sign of overhydration which they say is equally bad.

Proper hydration is truly the safest way. I am sure you can overhydrate, but I think it would be difficult to do.

Just my thoughts... I put one on about a week after I bought my first drysuit.

Chris

Yes. As has been already stated, people in drysuits w/o a valve will tend to under-hydrate just to keep it "safe". They'll claim to just have big bladders and say that clear urine is a sign of overhydration which they say is equally bad.

Proper hydration is truly the safest way. I am sure you can overhydrate, but I think it would be difficult to do.

Just my thoughts... I put one on about a week after I bought my first drysuit.

Chris
Pissing silver is gold..

They'll claim to just have big bladders and say that clear urine is a sign of overhydration which they say is equally bad.

Having clear urine is actually a sign of proper hydration, not over hydration. The darker the urine, the less hydrated you are.

A pee valve is nothing more than a 'Depends' with a hose attached... :eyebrow:

In the early Aqua Lung catalogs, the valves labeled item "J" and "K" had the names stick, so too with the "P" valve... It's between the "O" and "Q" valves. :wink:

I guess the original poster wasn't really trolling, after all? :crafty:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom