Suggestion What I Most Dislike About Scubaboard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
E

Eastwest

ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I wish Scubaboard give us divers who pay a little dough more time with their post on line than those who pay nothing and bury your post in a few minutes or so . Cough up some dough all you cheapos if you do not like what I say !! And have a nice day Rumdumb

Sorry, I do not understand what your suggestion is.
I'm pretty sure he wants his posts to float at the top of the "New Posts" lists, at least with higher priority than the members who aren't SB Supporters.

Sometimes it's hard to translate

I'm pretty sure he wants his posts to float at the top of the "New Posts" lists, at least with higher priority than the members who aren't SB Supporters.

Sometimes it's hard to translate
OK, that makes sense.
OP: If you posted anything that people wanted to respond to, it would stay near the top of the list. The problem is your posts tend to be confusing and/or content-free, so they drop down the list quickly because people can't or won't respond.

I suggest paying members have a new post extended time or next to non paying members . Tursiops you are a quality supporting member and would like to read your post and others but it gets buried in minutes

I suggest paying members have a new post extended time or next to non paying members . Tursiops you are a quality supporting member and would like to read your post and others but it gets buried in minutes
Three suggestions:
(1) post in a forum that is not totally generic and perhaps is quite specific to your question/comment.
(2) don't just "like" a post but reply to it; that keeps it at the top
(3) reply to your own post with added into to move it back to the top

Three suggestions:
(1) post in a forum that is not totally generic and perhaps is quite specific to your question/comment.
(2) don't just "like" a post but reply to it; that keeps it at the top
(3) reply to your own post with added into to move it back to the top
(4) add some pictures to help with the context and make it more coherent...
Picture is worth a thousand words.

(4) add some pictures to help with the context and make it more coherent...
Picture is worth a thousand words.
Yes, but avoid the gratuitous picture to "catch attention," like we see on Facebook all the time. It needs to be relevant -- if not central -- to the post.

Back
Top Bottom