What have you found in The St. Clair River?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Riverrat Dave

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
We have seen some of the great things Ed has recovered from the river... How about hearing from the rest of you...

well.... here are some of the things I recovered on my first Dive in the river...

IMG_06751.JPG

Last edited:
I recently found 2 horseshoes (from a horse) and a spike, in Marine City. After the dive, we pitched the horseshoes in Rick's front yard.

Attachments

• Horseshoes.JPG
    Horseshoes.JPG
    122.1 KB · Views: 182
Nothing because I've not been there yet. I wanna go in a bad way!

A mudpuppy (large salamander), a box of records, lots of fish hooks.

Hi GRTLKSDIVER,

I will email you abou this so that I don't take the thread off topic.

I found this thing in the river, next to a giant log. When I scraped some of the **** off of it, and saw that it was made of solid brass, I became flush with excitement. It looks like some sort of hinge, but I'm not sure what it was used for. I guess I should get up off my rear and do some research. After all, no job is finished until the paperwork is done...

Attachments

• hinge.jpg
    hinge.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 218
I found this thing in the river, next to a giant log. When I scraped some of the **** off of it, and saw that it was made of solid brass, I became flush with excitement. It looks like some sort of hinge, but I'm not sure what it was used for. I guess I should get up off my rear and do some research. After all, no job is finished until the paperwork is done...

Hi Ray.

I forwarded your picture to a couple friends that are pretty good at identifying hardward. I then got to thinking... are they all going to answer back that there used to be a woodend toilet seat and cover attached to it? LOL

What are the dimensions?

Paula

I agree with Paula, it looks like a toilet seat hinge to me too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom