Question What Happened to the Maria Patricia? - Malpelo/Gorgona Liveaboard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I've seen a video on Facebook posted of the Maria Patricia sinking on the coast of Colombia.

Google translate translated the caption as: "While they were doing diving, a boat collided with the Utria cove, in which a man identified as DANIEL JAVIER VILLALOBOS RAMÍREZ lost his life.
The authorities confirm that when the boat collides, Villalobos throws himself into the sea due to the proximity of land, with such bad luck that the strong waves make him hit the stones hard."
I know this liveaboard has had a few accidents associated. Does anyone have more information or insight on what's happened?

I confirm an accident happened to barco Maria Patricia, near Bahia Solano (Utria, prov. Choco). Following the informations I have it did not sink.

Not enough verified information yet to say what happened exactly.

This boat has been in bad shape for a while..... thus maybe linked to Colombia's Constitutional Court decision to legalize (medically assisted) suicide ?
(well, okay, it's very dark humor...)

In today's Undercurrent Online Update, it is written that the Maria Patricia ran aground and sank while divers were underwater. One crewman lost his life when he jumped into rough seas and water too shallow.

Perhaps there will be follow up in a future Undercurrent

1652733788123.png
1652733826264.png

Reactions: Dan
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom