what happened to my post

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rubbachicken

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
i just tried to post this on a different forum page, it told me after i had hit the submit tab, that it had been redirected, i can't find it
any how
why is it that..................

why is it that some times there is an insert image icon when replying or starting a thred, but not on all the threads

whyisit1.jpg

whyisit2.jpg

sometimes i'd like to be able to add a picture but can't, why is this

rubbachicken:
why is it that some times there is an insert image icon when replying or starting a thred, but not on all the threads

whyisit1.jpg

whyisit2.jpg

sometimes i'd like to be able to add a picture but can't, why is this
it is forum specific. a while back only the photo forum had this ability.
i imagine, as bandwidth increased, it was added to certain other forums
by request and to most, if not all, new forums that were created.

another good question would be...
why not give all forums img capability?

[as for your post... i have no idea]

Without more information... which forum, etc there is no way for me to know what happened. Many times your browser may redirect you thinking that you wanted to go here or there when you didn't. Sometimes, you took so long to compose that the site has to log you back on and things get lost.

As for pictures... they are a memory and bandwigth hog. We allow them in some areas and only as links in others. It helps those with lower bandwidth connections to stay involved.

NetDoc:
As for pictures... they are a memory and bandwigth hog. We allow them in some areas and only as links in others. It helps those with lower bandwidth connections to stay involved.
that's what i thought, thx.

IIRC, when you post; occasionally you will see a little flash message that says you are being redirected to the thread that you posted in. Are you sure that's not what you mean?

i was trying to put it in the news bit, being relativly new around here i am still unsure where to post things sometimes
if pictures were limited in size say a maximum of 150k, that wouldn't clog it up too much would it ????

i spend much of my time on a VW forum volkszone, it seems a much smaller forum than this one, we are only allowed 10 private massages, here i think we can have 250
there they have 10 or so pages, here there are so many, i have trouble finding previous posts to see if i got a reply, on there if a thread gets too big, like the word game they lock it and delete it, when they decide it's too big, an people start another, i'm not trying to tell anyone how it should be done just trying to see what's what
:wink:

this far i am enjoying the time i spend amongst other divers

:wink: :wink:

an the post counter thingy seems stuck :11:
a search for posts by rubbachicken shows 140 results
it shows only 134

rubbachicken:
i have trouble finding previous posts to see if i got a reply

That can be solved easily!
Just use "Thread Subscription, Notification Type". That way, if you click "Quick Links", select "Subscribed Threads" you'll see exactly where you have been active and what the thread with the most recent activity is.

Laurens

rubbachicken:
an the post counter thingy seems stuck :11:
a search for posts by rubbachicken shows 140 results
it shows only 134
Posts in the testing forum do not count.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom