What happened at Dutch Springs on Saturday the 9th and Sunday the 10th?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yukoneer

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
On saturday, while taking a break from diving, I noticed several emergency vehicles going into the peninsula side and was curious what the commotion was, saw a little child being carried off in a stretcher into the ambulance... I was wondering what happened to the child?

On sunday, while taking a break from diving on the "student" side (the opposite side from the peninsula) I saw a young woman in the mid 20's on the ground and emergency personnel attended to her, but did not cart her away. I was wondering what happened to her too?

i hope my questions aren't too invasive - i just wanted to learn so I wont make the same mistakes myself...

Not sure what happened Saturday, but I know someone who was involved in the rescue. He really didn't go into details, but said she's ok now. He's a member on the board so maybe he'll post.

That's great news--on the accident board they kind of made it sound like the person didn't make it (although details were vague), so I was assuming the worst..

Yeah I just read it, did sound like that, although they said they were watching from the student side.

grunzster:
Yeah I just read it, did sound like that, although they said they were watching from the student side.
To make a long story short - Women was brought up to surface with no reg in mouth, unconscious, not breathing, no pulse. We got her to the dock, worked on her there got a pulse back, got her breathing. She's still in the hospital and has been up and walking around a couple of times.

kudos to you, the other rescuers & her buddy!

Dive Junkie:
To make a long story short - Women was brought up to surface with no reg in mouth, unconscious, not breathing, no pulse. We got her to the dock, worked on her there got a pulse back, got her breathing. She's still in the hospital and has been up and walking around a couple of times.

Back
Top Bottom