What gloves to keep my hands warm?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Try a pair of XS Scuba Dry Five gloves. They have sealed seams and a twin cuff for a water tight seal with a wetsuit

Thanks very much for this

I was thinking more of gloves that I can use with my dry suit

I don't want dry gloves
my suit has neoprene seals, which I like, my old latex seals always leaked because of my thin wrists

my minimum temperature is 40 degrees, which isn't that cold compared to what some people do

i feel the cold quite badly from 50 degrees

Thanks

V

I have a pair of Deep See dry gloves probably similar to the xs style. They are my warmest gloves even though they are not the thickest. 4 mm I think??? A little tough to get back on when wet especially with the double wrist seals on them.

I also have a couple of pairs of the henderson hyperstrectch gloves. Very easy to get on but not so warm.

I always bring 2 or 3 pair of gloves when doing multiple dives so I can start each glove with a dry pair.

Thanks very much for this

I was thinking more of gloves that I can use with my dry suit

I don't want dry gloves
my suit has neoprene seals, which I like, my old latex seals always leaked because of my thin wrists

V

You can use them on your drysuit. I use them with my latex wrist seals and my brother uses his with neoprene wrist seals. chipwd is right, they are tough to get back on but they are the warmest gloves I have worn. I have worn mine in 38 degree water and my hands were toasty.

Pinnacle has new Merino wool lined gloves. Sounds like it would be warm, I haven't tried them though. Keep up in the know on what works for you.

Pinnacle has new Merino wool lined gloves. Sounds like it would be warm, I haven't tried them though. Keep up in the know on what works for you.

I have the 5mm ones. have used them in Lake Erie for up to 20 minutes on the bottom in 38 degree water. Today in 50 degree water they were fine for an hour. Could have done another dive with em.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom