What gear have you bought???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WWW :doctor:

My equipment created my namesake, so here goes.

Mares Equipment:

Tropic 3M Wetsuit & Shortie
Tropic 3M boots
Lirica mask
Steamdry snorkel
Avanti Quattro fins
Pegasus Airtrim BC
V16 Proton Reg
V16 Proton Octo
MC1 Computer/SPG

Non Mares Equipment:
Citizen Hyper Aqualand dive watch (backup)
Blue Reef Stainless dive knife

:mean:

I started with Tusa Imprex Mask, Oceanic Semi-Dry snorkel, Aeris Velocity adjustable fins, Deep Sea Manta boots, Akona Snorkel bag.

I then bought my wakona knife, UK SL4 Back-up light, and High Tide 5mil gloves.

Next came USIA Dry suit and High Tide hood.

Then UK C8 primary light.

Then Tusa X-Pert zoom fins.

On the list to buy:

Next purchase is Halcyon SS BP/Wings (unless I don't like them then either a Seaquest Pro QD, or back inflate, doubtfull I won't like the BP/Wings) and weights or weight system

After that probably the regulator, planning on an Atomic Aquatics Z1 (and all the trimings, SPG, alternate, etc.)

After that probably Suunto Mosquito (thought I like having a computer, I can rent, I know how to use the tables, I just hate being told I can't dive when I've had an extremely conservative multi-level dive)

Then Tanks, etc, possibly a dry suit inflation system down the road, and a pony possibly (not that I need one)

Regs:
Poseidon Odin
Poseidon Cyklon 5000
Apeks TX50

BCs:
Fred T. (heavy, short-not Fred - the plate)
Dive Rite Rec wing
IDI Advantage BC
LeisurePro Blue Reef-I still like the thing
Northern Diver weight harness

Gauges:
Sherwood-model ?
Suunto Cobra with compass

Mask:
Cressi-Sub Big Eyes
BodyGlove frameless
Sporasub Samauri

Fins:
Mares Avante Quattro with Steel Springs

Suits:
Northern Diver CNX2 dry suit
Bare 5/3 wet suit-great all purpose suit

Booties:
Tusa Imprex

Gloves:
Nordic Blue
Northern Diver Kevlar dry
Tusa 3mm. neoprene
5 different hoods-both dry and wet

Camera:
Sea and Sea MXIIEX with dual YS60 strobes and macro kits

Lots of dive bags. Someone on this board had the great advice of using hockey bags instead of dive bags. You can get hockey bags for about 1/3 of a dive bag and they are just as good.

I just bought a DUI 200 cfx dry suit with attached feet not rock boots and I tried on my scubapro twin jet fins size large and they are to small as expected. I am requesting input on what fins to get. I am shying away from any split fin in that I intend to get into more tech diving. I was thinking about Mares Avanti Quatro XL. Please advise.
Bob

Hi...I went all the way, right away...From fins to drysuit to BC. I think it is best to find the appropriate fit and stick with it. My latest purchase was a HID UK Light. WHOA...what a difference it made. Don't know how I lived without it before. It made quite a bit of difference here in the Puget Sound. My next purchase will be Scuba Pro Twin Jet full foot fins for tropical dives. It's easy to go crazy buying dive gear. ENJOY!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom