What Gas Blending Classes are available in your area?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

C_C

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I read the post below about PADI's latest addition to the REC/TEC program and have ordered the text through an Instructor of mine, but am curious what Blending Classes are available in your area and what is your opinion of them?

What agency/instructor? What levels of Certification?

TIA

C_C

Our shop teaches NAUI's Mixed Gas Blender and Oxygen Service Technician (all one course). NAUI's TEC website (http://www.nauitec.com/) gives info about the course.

Brothers & Sisters of the U/W Realm,
Lost Yooper,

Try contacting the major organizations and see if they'll give you the course via e-mail. Might be a marine biology university equipped to do this for you.

In any case, keep your options open, i.e. one of these venues may agree to the e-mail course "IF" you agree to go to a designated testing facility prior to diving. (Insurance liability, you know!)

Just a thought.

Regards,
Lance Gothic
Shibumi

I R A IANTD O2 and Tri-mix blender ,the course was a bonus for paying cash.You could probly get better info from the "hacker" book,but instruction is priceless regardless of the text involved.A good instructor can make it very simple.

Originally posted by Lost Yooper
None. I live in the boonies.

Mike
L_Y,
If you make it down to cave country, I'll run you through trimix. It won't be DIR, but PSI=PSI regardless of org.
Sherpa

TDI is available from the LDS. I can teach the PADI/DSAT Gas Blender course, and the "local" Course Director in Atlanta can train blender instructors in IANTD or PADI/DSAT.

PADI's manual is probably easiest to read, but is new and needs a few changes. IANTD puts out a good manual, but it can be a bit like reading Greek.

You can also check out Vance Harlow's 02 Hacker's guide from Airspeed press. It covers everything from soup to nuts about Nitrox/Trimix blending. it is a very good read.
Eric

Thanks Divesherpa,

I've been around mixing for quite a while -- no biggie. There's only a handful of guys up here who mix and dive on their own. A cert. might be nice for vacations and such, but I don't do mix dives on vacation. I appreciate the offer, and don't be surprised if I show up in cave country again one of these days.

Take care.

Mike

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom