What fins?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sneakysnook

Reaction score
Looking to buy fins that are comfortable when doing a frog kick and flutter kick. The fins I have now seem to bother my foot and make me crap up. I have seen other people say they have changed there fins and that help them. Would this help me?

• What fins are you using?
  • How certain are you that they fit well?
  • What, if any, other fins have you tried?
  • How long have you been diving?
  • Do you exercise (walk/jog/bike) regularly?

In no particular order, cramp problems are often caused by using fins with blades that are too big or foot pockets that are too big or new-diver tension. Fins that fit an experienced diver who gets enough aerobic exercise rarely result in cramping. The best solution may be to take a variety of fins out for a test dive and see what differences you notice.

A good source for information about a wide range of fins can be found here . Pay particular attention to anything written by Lepomis - he's 'da man when it comes to fin evaluations.

The fins are seacsub velflex, I do a lot of walking, not certain if they fit they fell loose on my foot. I have a very narrow foot and I use booties but the foot pocket feels big on my feet. When I buy shoe I have to buy them that they are narrow. Is there some thing I can do about the pocket for the fins. I tried to make the straps tighter on my foot but that didn't help.

Cramps are usually caused by low potasium and dehadration, so eat some bananas and drink enough water. I have tried a few fins but I own two pairs that I really like. I have a pair of aries velocity and tusa x-pert zoom both are great fins.

I went to my LDS today was fortunate enough to kick a pair of Scubapro Twin Jets (Yellow) and I'll tell you what I loved them!

Not a lot of effort and I was zooming around the pool. I rellay enjoyed these fins but have to say the $189 price tag is a little heafty. :11:

Think I may go ahead and invest in a pair if the finances are there. Going to do a Monterey dive on Friday so fins are in order :D

Good Luck!

Jet fins are great. Maybe you could check into a pair of mares quattros. See if you can demo a pair in the pool.

sneakysnook:
Looking to buy fins that are comfortable when doing a frog kick and flutter kick.

Can’t beat Scubapro Jet Fins, IMHO.

Another vote for Twin Jets. Don't know how they perform with Frog Kicks, but for the flutter kick they are great.

sneakysnook:
Looking to buy fins that are comfortable when doing a frog kick and flutter kick. The fins I have now seem to bother my foot and make me crap up. I have seen other people say they have changed there fins and that help them. Would this help me?
If you want the best fins for doing frog kicks, that prevent cramping try the Force Fin Pro. I switched to them and love them. Check this link and then go try a pair.
http://www.forcefin.com/FF_PAGES/Truth_Dive2.htm
There are a number of great things I like about this fin. ONE, more propulsion for less energy exerted. TWO, the straps make them easy to put in the water or out. THREE, the open toe design prevents the fins from getting suctioned on your foot, making them hard to remove when getting back on the boat, FOUR, NO CRAMPS, at least haven't had one since I started using them 2 years ago.
Hey, this is just from my experience, but I know a lot of divers that have switched, and almost everyone I've talked to who's switched all love them too.
Chris

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom