What fins?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Vtdiver2:
Hey, this is just from my experience, but I know a lot of divers that have switched, and almost everyone I've talked to who's switched all love them too.
Chris

I dove with Quattros and Jets since I started diving. Am conditioned to them and swore by them. Tried a pair of TD FF with bungee and loved it. I won't comment on power because with adequate fitness conditioning, Quattros and Jets move. With the TD, you'll need a fair bit of fitness, else you can still get tired and cramps if you overexert. For the original material, it's easier to fin but many anti-ff divers will say it's too soft and floppy. For me, the TD FF's control is amazing. With little ankle movements I can back out in a hover. With Quattros and Jets, the technique needed much larger motion. Acceleration wise, I can achieve my quattro and jets acceleration with less effort. A small note, if you are one who only goes by traditional "this is the only right way to fin" techniques, you'll hate the FF. Learn the fin, adapt your skills and the fin will work for you. ... hmm... it applies to all fins, doesn't it?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom