Votes: 8 6.3%
  • Jetfins

Votes: 15 11.7%
  • Volos

Votes: 7 5.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have an original pair of Mares Avantis,12 years old. God, I love these fins. I upgraded to a pair of Aqua-Lung Blades ( at least I thought it was an upgrade) this past Summer. IMHO, the original Avantis blow away the Blades.

:balloon:

Well, I'm the lone vote for the Aeris fins; I was surprised to see them on the "ballot" since I figured I was the only one on the board who had them. While I haven't had the opportunity to try split fins yet, they seem like a nice compromise between paddle and split. They're a little "floppier" than standard paddle fins, but not as floppy as split fins. I think they retain most, if not all, of the control of a paddle fin, but are somewhat lower-effort, like split fins.

I just finished making some homemade spring straps for them, mentioned in this thread: http://www.scubaboard.com/t6786/s.html

Chris

I'm about to replace my old fins and am not sure that I want the split fins. What recommendations do you all have in the non-split options? LDS is pushing Blade II. Any thoughts?

I use mares Quattros with modified spring heel straps:)

And triple XXX Turtles for the old Drysuit:wink: With Halcyon spring heel straps (SWEET)!!!!!!!!!!:D

NINJA

Hi ninja,

How do you attach your spring straps to your quattros?

I just ordered some springs for my quattros.

thanks

michael

Originally posted by pipedope
Hi ninja,

How do you attach your spring straps to your quattros?

I just ordered some springs for my quattros.

thanks

michael

Hey Michael:)

I used stainless steel s links and pressed them on with a vice..

Essentially bending them in place.. Worked out great and attached other side of spring to the s link and pressed it together..:)

It's so DIR no failure points ....::wink:

Good luck

NINJA

That is a great idea.
Less trouble than bending TIG rod into a double loop and probably stronger too.

thanks

michael

Back
Top Bottom