What fins can i get my girlfriend?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just get her a pair with spring straps. Makes putting them on a lot easier... :D

Spoon:
price aint a factor. my girlfriend doesnt do any fancy kicks just the regular finning. i wouldnt consider her a strong swimmer but shes trying:) i wouldnt consider getting her splits cause we get a lot of current here in the philippines.

also never new the jets had a version 4?

So, you actually believe split fins are not good for current? I haven't tried them myself but has been reading lots of debates about them.

I did made some research and I understood that it is just a change on the fin kicks that would make split fins very efficient. I got a pair of split fin for my girlfriend a few months ago and she love them. She needs less effort in keeping up with me (I use Rocket Fin) when compared to using paddle fins. My girlfriend prefer fullfoot fins so I got her a pair of Oceanic Vortex V6.

wunat:
So, you actually believe split fins are not good for current? I haven't tried them myself but has been reading lots of debates about them.

I did made some research and I understood that it is just a change on the fin kicks that would make split fins very efficient. I got a pair of split fin for my girlfriend a few months ago and she love them. She needs less effort in keeping up with me (I use Rocket Fin) when compared to using paddle fins. My girlfriend prefer fullfoot fins so I got her a pair of Oceanic Vortex V6.

i actually base all my info on splits from my friends/fellow divers and actual dealers. they all ill advise me to use splits while diving with current. although i am reading a lot of info regarding the big misconception of splits with current. if you ask me i am pretty confused already. il do more research.

Even if Jets are a bit stiff, muscles adapt quite quickly after a few dives - I know 3 girls ages 11-16 that wear jets and love them (all small for their ages too). Also note that the blade on Medium and Large Jetfins is much smaller than the XL's (if that's what you have)

Turtles are a bit more flexible than Jets if she wears a larger size fin (size 12+), so they tend to be easier on muscles at first I've noticed also

Aloha, Tim

kidspot:
Even if Jets are a bit stiff, muscles adapt quite quickly after a few dives - I know 3 girls ages 11-16 that wear jets and love them (all small for their ages too). Also note that the blade on Medium and Large Jetfins is much smaller than the XL's (if that's what you have)

Turtles are a bit more flexible than Jets if she wears a larger size fin (size 12+), so they tend to be easier on muscles at first I've noticed also

Aloha, Tim

i myself adapted quickly with the jets and only took about 4 dives to get used to them i love mine know. i also noticed that there was a large difference from large to xl as compared to the slight diff between medium to large. i use a large by the way.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom