What exactly is 200 bar rating on manifold?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm looking to turn my AL 80's into a double set. I've been looking for a manifold with isolation valve but i'm not exactly sure what the 200 or 300 bar ratings are. Can someone clue me in so I know what type I need to purchase.

Thanks

200 bar is rated to approx 3000psi, 300 bar is rated to approx 4500. 1 bar = approx 14.7 psi

200 bar valves will accept both 200 and 300 bar fittings. they will also
accept DIN inserts (to convert to yoke valves)

300 bar valves will only accept 300 bar fittings, and will not accept DIN inserts

i guess technically the 300 bar valves are "sturdier" than 200 bar valves,
but practically speaking, they are equivalent

basically, 200 bar valves are used in tanks with test pressure ratings up to 300 bar and are called oddly enough "200 bar"

300 bar valves are used in tanks with test pressure ratings up to 450 bar

(so you see, the names are misleading)

Ok, thanks for the information. Now how do I find out what my regulator rating is? I've never been concerned with this before so I never thought it was important. I have a Mares Mr12 Orbiter converted to DIN with an environmental kit. Since I use it with AL 80's I guess a 200 bar manifold should be ok then, right?

There aren't really any 200 bar manifold anymore now that 230, which works out to 3442 psi, is pretty much the standard.

For alu tanks (and just about anything else) you want a Din/yoke combo 230 bar manifold, which lets you use yoke or DIN regulators.

oxyhacker:
There aren't really any 200 bar manifold anymore now that 230, which works out to 3442 psi, is pretty much the standard.

yeah... it's funny though, everybody still calls them 200-bar

oxyhacker:
For alu tanks (and just about anything else) you want a Din/yoke combo 230 bar manifold, which lets you use yoke or DIN regulators.

motorcitydiver, this is my thinking as well

it will come with 232-bar (200 bar) valves and you can use DIN regs on them

or you can screw in DIN coverters and use yoke regs. these
are cheap and easy to use.

motorcitydiver:
Thanks for all the help guys.

I've got a "200 bar" manifold with yoke plugs. And most yoke regs have DIN conversion kits you can use if you want to go that way. My reg has 232 BAR printed on the first stage. But if you've used yours for an al80, you're ok with using it on a 200 bar manifold

Back
Top Bottom