What ever happened to Nato ???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RICHinNC

Contributor
Reaction score
No, not the North Atlantic Treaty Organinzation Nato......the girl that used to write for one of the dive mags.

She had a pretty good article every now and then and ...then all of a sudden....gone. Just curious, anyone know what happened

That's a good question. I was looking on the masthead of the most recent issue and I did not see a Natalie Tuke on there as a contributing writer anymore. Maybe she's gone off to college...

It doesnt seem "right...professional"" to start a column then run off and not continue it. The impression I got from the first article she was to be a continuous feature.

Oh well.....easy come...easy go.

Such is life. I agree that it's a pity -- I enjoyed reading her articles. As a former sportswriter myself (21 years), I thought she had excellent skills.

I'd hardly call it unprofessional, columns stop all the time (how many people keep a job for life?) and who knows why this one did. She did it for quite awhile and anyway sheesh, she's a kid with things to do, like school...

Maybe someone should write a letter to the editor and ask.

I've just sent them an e-mail...

ScubaTexan:
I'm a moderator on Scubaboard and I was just wondering what has been going on with Natalie Tuke. We've been missing our Deep Blue Teen articles and were just curious if she is still on staff.

Thanks!
Ken Costlow (ScubaTexan)
Arlington, TX

Let's see what they have to say...

I didnt mean, personally, to be mean when I said unprofessional. I just meant when you are in a widely distributed magazine you dont just disappear without some kind of explanation..... thats all.

I wish Nato well and hope she returns.

rich

Damselfish:
I'd hardly call it unprofessional, columns stop all the time (how many people keep a job for life?) and who knows why this one did. She did it for quite awhile and anyway sheesh, she's a kid with things to do, like school...

Maybe someone should write a letter to the editor and ask.

that's true, there's usually an explanation when a regular disappears. Maybe she's just busy for awhile. I enjoyed her articles too.

ya i have been working on an article for awhile. i think i have a nice pitch to the editor too. since im just starting my diving i can write a series of articles showing my path in diving grow.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom