What ever happened to Key Largo?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah... probably wouldn't fit over my Transit.
Got "yelled-at" for not having my BC fully-inflated on the surface after my first dive...

(The following duly acknowledges the frustration K.L. dive ops must frequently feel but...) To k4kafka - Don't fret the incident but I hope you gave them the appropriate one finger salute. And then told them to f ... Oh, never mind. (Self pre-censored)

Last edited:
My son and I went out with them last week and I was very impressed with them. The shop staff and crew could not have been nicer or more helpful.

Great,
Thanks for the feedback.

Currently planned dives:
The Brick Barge
Hens n Chickens
Crocker Reef
Conch Reef
El Capitan
Spanish Galleons

Last edited:
I'll be there for a weekend in October.

Any suggestions on top dive sights?

Someone suggested Conch Republic for south and Quiescence for north.

Last edited:
Someone suggested Conch Republic for north and Quiescence for south.
Those are reversed. There's really not a bad shop here in the Keys. Oh, the dive ops will snipe at each other, but I've been on most of them and they are all great.

Thanks. Fixed that. I transposed wrong.

I used to work for Ocean Divers years ago. I didn't know they changed hands. What's different? It was a good operation back then. Still good?

My impression as of mid-'14: The personality of the shop appeared different. When Joe A was there (in the store) it seemed friendlier, more relaxed. The trip I took with them was, when in the shop, as impersonal as ordering a hamburger in a drive-through. I don't remember much about the actual trip but never did go back.

I've not been out with Ocean Divers since it was purchased by Divers Direct but it's so odd to hear how bad divers' experiences are on the boats. I've had nothing but great experiences in Divers Direct's WPB and KL retail locations. Both locations have bent over backwards to help me when I've been in a bind. You'd think they'd give the dive boat personnel the same sort of customer service training they give the retail shops.

Re The Chairman's "...yelled at....":
Some years ago: Got (appropriately) mini-chastised from Gabriele (formerly half of Dual Porpoise?) upon surfacing after an O.D. dive sans buddy. I told her what happened: That buddy was a Russian who took off like a banshee as soon as we hit the water. I tried to keep up for a minute or so then said WTF and had a nice solo dive. She understood. The mad Russian finally surfaced a couple hundred meters away with about five pounds of air. Gabby rightfully educated him on the error of his ways. (It didn't sink in.) Regardless, I did the second dive with someone else. Whatever became of the comrade - I dunno. (He didn't die - at least not that day.) Note: I, like all of us who've dove a few dozen to a few thousand dives, have had some "moments. In my case the vast majority of those were caused by our assigned buddies.)

Re sportxlh immediately preceeding:
As far as the actual retail shop (World Watersports and the old Divers Outlet), I've gotten lots of stuff from them over the years; tanks, regs including reg maintenance in FLL, wetsuits, knives, lights, BCs, plus miscellaneous nit noi. All good.

I worked for Doc and Joe. Good guys. Joe always had a male dog that he gave it a girls name...LOL! Poor pooch!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom