DIR- GUE What does GUE mindset mean?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Those scenarios, how they were solved, and what the challenges with communication were, sounds like very interesting reading to me. Any plans of putting any of that in writing anywhere?

I’ve written about a few of my near misses in books like “close calls” and “under pressure, but nothing specifically related to GUE vs non-GUE teams. But it might be a good article for InDepth. I’ll have a think about it and maybe put something together. Good idea :)

I’ve been following GUE/DIR since 1999 (24 years now). At one point, (actually at several points), I was very interested in trying the system and taking the class but due to $$ and logistics it never happened. Now I’m old and I’m over it. I just do my own thing.
Due to logistics I can understand. $$ I can't. I was a recreational instructor's dream, wanting to get better so seeking a fair bit of training. Not to card collect, but to become better.

Taking OW+Fundies+AOW (so I could dive from a boat having this participation trophy)+T1 would have been FAR cheaper than the route I took. And I'd be a far better diver than I am today.

Due to logistics I can understand. $$ I can't. I was a recreational instructor's dream, wanting to get better so seeking a fair bit of training. Not to card collect, but to become better.

Taking OW+Fundies+AOW (so I could dive from a boat having this participation trophy)+T1 would have been FAR cheaper than the route I took. And I'd be a far better diver than I am today.
I am a bit in a similar situation, because I had difficulties finding a T1 class in time I went ANDP and then didn’t want to do T1 to do CCR1 and instead did CCR MOD1.

If I had unlimited money and time, maybe I’d do T1 (to do CCR1), but I find it expensive to do T1 when I want mostly CCR1.

I think people don’t advertise well that T1 is like ANDP, helitrox and somewhere halfway to trimix. If I knew that I’d have gone maybe T1 instead of ANDP :)

I am a bit in a similar situation, because I had difficulties finding a T1 class in time I went ANDP and then didn’t want to do T1 to do CCR1 and instead did CCR MOD1.

If I had unlimited money and time, maybe I’d do T1 (to do CCR1), but I find it expensive to do T1 when I want mostly CCR1.

I think people don’t advertise well that T1 is like ANDP, helitrox and somewhere halfway to trimix. If I knew that I’d have gone maybe T1 instead of ANDP :)

Why halfway to Trimix? Trimix is the standard below 30m with GUE...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom