What do you with your good Photos ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

competitions are very popular

there is a database of them over at www.divephotoguide.com a nice listing in one place.

personally, i just try to sell mine to magazines... :D

My Photos arn't good enough for competitions. so I save them on my computer. I email them to my freinds who go on the dive with me to see what I saw. Now that I have up graded to digital my photos are turning out better and better. I also put them on the Photo Gallary here on the ScubaBoard. Right now I have one of a sea horse. It's my favorite picture yet. I have other good ones too.

I usually put a short (3-5 min) slide show of someone's underwater photos from the Pacific Northwest into episodes of my underwater TV series "SEA-Inside: Pacific Northwest." I produce 6 episodes/year. Take a look at a sample video at:

http://SEA-Inside.org

If you'd like some of your photos to appear in one of the episodes, contact me. (I also, of course, include video for those of you who do video) See also the submission guidelines on that web site.

SEA-Inside: PNW is a non-profit project in association with the Northwest Film Forum and various other non-profits. It airs on 12 pubic access stations on the West Coast and reaches over 1.5 million homes.

Get Noticed, and help non-divers become more aware of what's beneath the surface.

I got first place at the Under Water Sports Seattle awesome dive fair end of July last year.

Not too bad, $250 first prize! (Didn't suck that I won a trip for two to Fiji later that day either!)

How would a person go about selling photos in the event that they got some really good ones? How much can you sell good photos for? I don't have any worh selling but they get better every dive and maybe one of these days...........

tlmainer:
How would a person go about selling photos in the event that they got some really good ones? How much can you sell good photos for? I don't have any worh selling but they get better every dive and maybe one of these days...........

They pay BIG money in Yap for Mike V's photos.... :)

image.php

What is Yap and how much is big money?

I put my photos on my web site, though it's really just for my own use. I RARELY inflict my photos on anyone else, and I never print them.

Sometimes, if I get a photo I really like, I will use it as wallpaper on my computer.

Hmm. When I think about it like that, I wonder why I spent all this money on camera stuff?

Matt S.:
I put my photos on my web site, though it's really just for my own use. I RARELY inflict my photos on anyone else, and I never print them.

Sometimes, if I get a photo I really like, I will use it as wallpaper on my computer.

Hmm. When I think about it like that, I wonder why I spent all this money on camera stuff?
Better not go down that route, else you'll have to look at the financial justification for all your scuba gear, not just the camera gear!

Back
Top Bottom