What do you wear under your personal wetsuit while out on charter boat?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think you've got that backwards: Speedos tend to be all about dudes with huge bellies feeling way too secure.

And there's nothing wrong with a good kilt, though I've never tried to wear even my sport kilt diving...too much flapping and drag.

Ah, nothing is wrong with anything. It's just a human body. Banana - no banana, why would anybody be concerned with other dudes' bananas?

Ah, nothing is wrong with anything. It's just a human body. Banana - no banana, why would anybody be concerned with other dudes' bananas?

Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto is a fine sentiment, but I don't know that modern man has the aesthetic chops to support it in this case. In any event, you're the one who seems to have bananas on the..ahem...brain :banana:

I normally wear compression shorts, or my boxers. Though where I am at i can normally survive wearing my wetsuit till it drys or I have a less public place to change

My under wet suit attire is a pair of bathing shorts and a rash guard.
Now when it comes to getting changed I get the top part of my wetsuit off along with the rash guard and put my towling dressing gown on pull the rest of my wetsuit off along with my shorts and I am good to go as it were.
No amount of wind is going to get that off and if left in the right place is lovely and warm. .

I think they are going to start selling male swim burkas down at Costco. Maybe I should pick up a five pack.

I think it was in 1936 that it was made legal in the USA for a man to remove their shirt in public. So I was kinda hoping they would follow suit with the other sex but then given the girth of most women (and men today), I would as soon y'all get back into those bathing dresses that men and women wore at the turn of the century. The layers of cellulite are just too much for my eyes. Yep, I think you all have made many good points for yourselves, please cover up from head to toe.

N

Ruh ro....I wear a speedo.....but they go almost to my knees and have a double panel in the front so there is a degree of modesty. More like compression shorts. I wear shorts over them until putting on my wetsuit. REabok has come out with a line of underwear that are like compression shorts, but have a fly opening. i may wear them next time. The last boat we were on in Cpz, lots of men were wearing boxer briefs under their suits.

Jay

I dive commando, with a very well fitting wet suit, wearing anything under a wetsuit is constricting. On a dive boat, when changing, ladies please look to the stern, gentlemen please face the bow. We are all adults, but if in doubt, wrap a towel when changing.

Back
Top Bottom