What do you wear under a wetsuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've worn bicycle shorts because they have the grip-strip around the bottom of the legs to keep down when I slide my feet through my suit. I don't mind the chamois crotch so much, but others seem to complain about it. I just had a bunch of 8 panel shorts left over from my old cycling days and it seemed like a good second use for them - plus they dry fast.

Speedo and others make a "bicycle style" type of sport short (sans chamois) that are much like those compression shorts you linked, but they'll dry really fast. Quick drying is nice so you can just throw on another pair of baggy shorts over them when you remove the wet suit (unless you like wandering around tight shorts).

As the old Father used to say "It's better to look good than to feel good" except when you're wearing a wet suit. Just say no to bunchies...

Swim trunks occasionally, hate wearing them they bunch up.
Usually underwear..

I wear and LOVE wearing sliders. UnderArmour is my favorite brand. Doesn't bunch, restrict circulation, or itch. Just keep in mind that wearing anythihng under a wetsuit has a negligible effect on heat insulation. The only reason to wear anything under the suit is to maintain decency between the doff and don and whatever small comfort it might add.

If the water were warmer...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom