What do you wear under a wetsuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rotorboy

Reaction score
I was thinking about getting something to wear under my wetsuit when I start my certification Saturday. I'm looking at buying a pair of under armour shorts.

http://www.underarmour.com/ProductDetail.cfm?site_id=1&dept_id=1&coll_id=2&pf_id=0026

Has anyone used these?? I guess my concern is wearing something underneath that'll bunch up and make if uncomfortable. Any other suggestions?? What do you all wear underneath? I would wear nothing, but I'll be renting till I get my own wetsuit later on. Thanks!

Skin or Microprene. Anything is good for Don/Doff.

Personally, I wear a speedo swim suit...not the banana hammock type, but a short version of the normal swim trunks. It is comfortable and does not bunch up. Several friends of mine do wear the banana hammock version, just not me. :D

Commando, boxers or bike/spandex shorts. If the swim trunks are not too thick they will not bunch up, I have a pair that is the "quick-dry" type and it is nice and thin to wear under.

I wear underarmour top and bottoms. Usually long sleeve top, short bottoms. Work great for me.

ParamedicDiver1:
...I wear a speedo swim suit...not the banana hammock type, but a short version of the normal swim trunks. It is comfortable and does not bunch up...
Same here... Besides the speedos, the only other thing in my wetsuit is pee :D

rotorboy:
I was thinking about getting something to wear under my wetsuit when I start my certification Saturday. I'm looking at buying a pair of under armour shorts.

http://www.underarmour.com/ProductDetail.cfm?site_id=1&dept_id=1&coll_id=2&pf_id=0026

Has anyone used these?? I guess my concern is wearing something underneath that'll bunch up and make if uncomfortable. Any other suggestions?? What do you all wear underneath?
For me, Speedos and Jammers worked fine with rental suits. Jammers are made with the same fabric then Speedos, except that they have a square cut, much like biking shorts.

rotorboy:
I would wear nothing, but I'll be renting till I get my own wetsuit later on. Thanks!
IMHO, that's probably the best way to wear a wetsuit. I just don't recommend it with a rental suit. All you need is a big towel to wrap around yourself for the changing dance.

Good luck with the checkout dives!

In chilly water I wear a skin under my 7mm semi dry suit. In warm water commando under 3mm suit. I think commando is the best way to go when you get your own suit; not in rentals.

Victoria Secret...........oops.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom