What do you use to lace up your Chuck T's

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cold diver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
OK I got the new drysuit and like the idea of the Chuck Taylors for a boot, now I have these red Chuck's:dork2: and I wonder if the regular shoe lace is the way to go, or if there is a better way to fasten them to my feet. What are some other ideas? Thanks.

I don't know . . . I just use the laces. They've survived a lot of dives without coming apart so far. I do have to run them around the tops of the shoes so I don't have a bunch of extra lace hanging down, though.

We use bungee for our rock boots. Should work for Chuck Taylors as well.

Leather laces worked OK for me back in the '60s when I was using sneakers.
They didn't have spiffy booties with hard soles back then, just neoprene "socks".
My fin pockets were way too big, needed to take up some room & were easier on the feet when taking "long walks along the beach". :wink:

OK I got the new drysuit and like the idea of the Chuck Taylors for a boot, now I have these red Chuck's:dork2: and I wonder if the regular shoe lace is the way to go, or if there is a better way to fasten them to my feet. What are some other ideas? Thanks.

I've been diving Converse All Stars for years, the regular shoe laces will last for a long time, don't waste your money on anything else. My wife makes a velcro strap that goes around the shoe and secures the laces. Works like a charm and I haven't died yet .:wink: :palmtree: Bob

Back
Top Bottom