What do you use to keep the inflator hose streamlined

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sabbath999

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My wife and I have both switched to hog rigs, and I am wondering what's the best way to keep the inflator hose in a streamlined position when not in use.

I REALLY hate anything dangling even a little, but obviously that hose has to be easy to put over my head at a moment's notice....

My wife and I have both switched to hog rigs, and I am wondering what's the best way to keep the inflator hose in a streamlined position when not in use. ... I REALLY hate anything dangling even a little, but obviously that hose has to be easy to put over my head at a moment's notice....
I use a loop of thin bungee, tied through the fold of harness around the left chest D-ring (IOW, the loop passes through the same space created by the tri-glide as the D-ring does). You can position the bungee loop in several ways. Some prefer to keep that D-ring a bit higher on the chest strap, so that the bungee rests several inches up the corrugated hose from the inflator and you can quickly pull it out more to move it above your head, in order to purge. I want that D-ring lower, and I keep the bungee looped just over the lip of the oral inflator mouthpiece, and I can, in one motion, pull the inflator backwards and up, freeing it from the bungee. FWIW, I have dive buddies who do the same thing, and others who can't stand doing it that way. And, as an aside, I put several pieces of bicycle tire inner tube on the corrugated inflator hose, and the actual LPI hose runs through them down to the attachment point at the inflator itself.

Last edited:
I use the same shock cord setup as Colliam7. I put the loop of bungie around the entire assembly -- corrugated hose and LP hose. I have never had any problem getting the inflator high enough to vent when I needed to.

I use the same bungee loop but only put the LPI hose through it.

Because a photo is worth 1000 words....
hosekit_doubles_argon.jpg

they should really clip off that long hose
Maybe you should swing by and teach JJ/Casey and the Halcyon crew a thing or two next time you're in town :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom