What do you think of this ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

-BlueHole-

Reaction score
I found this backplate during my daily browsing, i like a lot the concept and the color, just the whole webbing seems very strange to me, I never saw this kind before.

www.tecdiving.ch under equipment

Do you think it would be practical ? I also cannot figure how it will be worn...
I think in the worst case it could be replaced with an oms or halcyon webbing.

Very interested in opinions/comments

The plate looks fine.

I don't care for the quick releases and there are too many rings for me. But that is a matter of personal preference and those things can be removed easily.

Chad

Thats way to many rings. You would think that extra rings are better. I could see that getting very confusing if you where carrying a stage and deco bottle. Keep it simple!

Looks to me like they just have the shoulder straps crossed in the back. If you look at some of the dive rite and OMS pics in the catalogs you'll see the same thing. I personally don't know anyone that crosses the shoulder straps. It also looks like it has plastic quick release buckles. I personally don't like these and prefer one continuous single piece of webbing for the harness. Oh and I have no idea what I would ever put on all those d-rings! I'll stick to the set up that I have now, but that was an interesting pic. Thanks for sharing.

I agree the rings are too many, I don't need all this stuff, but you can just not install them...
The strange thing is the webbing, if you look in the upper/left part, you can see that the webbing is not attached to the structure there but has a strange configuration.

BP may seem all magic and stuff. But they are just a piece of shaped metal with holes drilled in them. No magic. Ebay, get a SS or Aluminum DiveRite wing for $50-80. Goto dive shop and get $30 in D-rings and webbing. You have your self a $100 BP and Harness.

I wouldn't buy a plate just because its black though. Paints just bound to scratch and look tatty after a while.
The plate is probably not painted, it is most likely powder coated or anodized, in which case it would not scratch nearly as easy as a painted one. If you are interested in different sizes and colors, check these, http://www.abysmal.com/pages/features-backplates.html

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom