What do you think of this setup?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Andreanne33

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
After visiting many dive shops and reading many threads on the forum, I think this setup is the best for me.Let me know what you think.

Libra BCD (Aqualung)
Mikron Regulator (Aqualung)
Airsource 3 (Aqualung)
Cobra3 Computer (Suunto)

After visiting many dive shops and reading many threads on the forum, I think this setup is the best for me.Let me know what you think.

Libra BCD (Aqualung) Good
Mikron Regulator (Aqualung) Good if bubble interference is not a problem for you
Airsource 3 (Aqualung) Not Good. But ok if you never have to use it in an emergency.
Cobra3 Computer (Suunto)
Cobra Good--- for an AI

MY opinions. I'm sure you will get others.

Last edited:
You visited lots of shops and read many threads so....sounds like you did your due diligents in determining what should work best for you. Don't let others talk you out of it.

It doesn't really matter about what equipment you have chosen, as long as it:

a) functions within the envelope of depth and conditions where you are qualified to use it;
b) it has been mechanically serviced and checked so as to be functional; and
c) you are happy with your choice.

There are many equipment manufacturers and models of equipment available. We have all come to our personal choices; these have been dictated by personal experience, financial ability and personal preference. I'm sure you will be happy with your choice.

Wayne

seems to be all great material you picked out. I would go for an otcopus iso the air source 3

seems to be all great material you picked out. I would go for an otcopus iso the air source 3

x2. An octopus makes better sense to me than a alternate air source inflator. I have traveled with my reg set in carryon and my dive gear packed. Sometimes the dive gear makes it, sometimes not. It is far easier to rent a BCD and use your own computer/regs than having to swap around a lot of hoses etc. YMMV.

Frank

Libra BCD (Aqualung)....it will work, nothing exciting here.
Mikron Regulator (Aqualung)...small, lite, travel friendly, not a top of the line performer, but a tolerable choice.
Airsource 3 (Aqualung)....bad move! These things seem like a good idea UNTIL you actually have to use it in a real emergency....get a REAL, dedicated octo!
Cobra3 Computer (Suunto)
...another bad move! If you hate diving and want to be forced to exit the water before any other diver (expect for another Sunnto diver, that is)...then yeah, go ahead and get a Suunto...they are VERY conservative, more like paraniod...Sunntos would really you rather not even go diving in the first place!

Setup is good. Don’t be “scared” off by the remarks around the Suunto conservativeness. They work great, keep you safe and these are the some important things. No one receives medals for pushing diving limits. Keep it safe and enjoy your diving.

Kind Regards
Jacques

...another bad move! If you hate diving and want to be forced to exit the water before any other diver (expect for another Sunnto diver, that is)...then yeah, go ahead and get a Suunto...they are VERY conservative, more like paraniod...Sunntos would really you rather not even go diving in the first place!
Do you really think that less conservative is better than more conservative? Taking into account well known fact, that there is no such thing as "no deco dive"?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom