what do you think -about bauer junior-

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sarasen

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
hello friends, i need a compressor with gasoline. i find one. thats the situation:

compressor is 1997 model bauer junior
compressor never be used. the seller buy that for himself but he injured after buy.
compressor still in fabric box. with unopened filters, manuals etc.
compressor is old but new condition. and the price is half past to new one. -it stored in years, in depot with original boxes.

what do you think? what is your opinions? is is taken? is this compressor still efficient?

thanks and sorry for my bad english.

The Bauer Junior II is a great little compressor for 1 to 2 divers. The only drawback with the junior II is that it has what’s called splash lubrication as opposed to a pressurized lubrication system. BAUER does make one that’s called the Oceanus that has pressure lubrication. The Oceanus you can run continuously. The Baauer Junior to you have to let cool off after one or two tanks fills. So depending upon your application, the junior II may be sufficient.

hello friends, i need a compressor with gasoline. i find one. thats the situation:

compressor is 1997 model bauer junior
compressor never be used. the seller buy that for himself but he injured after buy.
compressor still in fabric box. with unopened filters, manuals etc.
compressor is old but new condition. and the price is half past to new one. -it stored in years, in depot with original boxes.

what do you think? what is your opinions? is is taken? is this compressor still efficient?

thanks and sorry for my bad english.
1. Ask yourself if the price is half the original 1997 price. Or is it just half of todays price. Big difference
2. Ask yourself why would anyone buy a compressor in 1997 and not use iy for 27 years and sell it now?
3. Ask yourself why was it not inhibited properly before storing it for the last 27 years.
The air intake filter by now is probably home for generations of dead insects
The oil was probably mineral based and during the last 27 years seeped down into the crankcase allowing the valves, pistons dry liners exposed to ambient air causing rust and pitting that changing the oil and cranking it up as suggested by others will more likely cause a major tribology problem with a dry strike.
You have 6 valves on this model pick one and you have a 6:1 chance of breaking one of them on your first start up

Inhibiting oil would have evaporated up and around the bare metal internals with a thin oil film to protect from rusting the dry bare metal parts. Its clearly stated in the manual if he had bothered to read it.

As for buying it, your call but if you don't know what to do getting I hope you know how to re commission it properly and after all this time in a outhouse shed you don't get any rusted up parts.
You may be surprised just how much the non service spare parts cost that will add to your half price treasure.

1 in my country, we have a high inflation. and i am not economist but its a half price today price.
2 the compressor is in warehouse. in ankara-which city at a distance around 600km. the seller buy it, but after that he injured. and never used. -he said- a few photos attach.
3 his dream.. he think one day use it. but it never happens. and he dont need money. so he doesnt think sell it-he said-
4 yes, you right. i need a technician to inspeck and first work it. so i am waiting. -the bauer worker tech. come my city in february. we will see together. thanks for advice.

5 sorry for my poor english. :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-12-24-07-42-49-014.jpeg
    Screenshot_2022-12-24-07-42-49-014.jpeg
    61.7 KB · Views: 66
  • Screenshot_2022-12-24-07-43-04-747.jpeg
    Screenshot_2022-12-24-07-43-04-747.jpeg
    61.3 KB · Views: 65
  • Screenshot_2022-12-24-07-43-14-049.jpeg
    Screenshot_2022-12-24-07-43-14-049.jpeg
    56.3 KB · Views: 54
  • Screenshot_2022-12-24-07-43-27-095.jpeg
    Screenshot_2022-12-24-07-43-27-095.jpeg
    70.4 KB · Views: 57
  • Screenshot_2022-12-24-07-43-59-315.jpeg
    Screenshot_2022-12-24-07-43-59-315.jpeg
    51.7 KB · Views: 51
  • Screenshot_2022-12-24-07-44-17-133.jpeg
    Screenshot_2022-12-24-07-44-17-133.jpeg
    37.5 KB · Views: 51
5 sorry for my poor english. :)

Mate your English is perfect

Fairdinkum I bought a couple of window wire regulator kits from Ankara a couple of days after

the attempted 2016 coup

Made in Turkey, it was perfect quality better than the new made in London junk I was replacing

Two days after the coup, believe it or not, and quick postage to Australia

Mate your English is perfect

Fairdinkum I bought a couple of window wire regulator kits from Ankara a couple of days after

the attempted 2016 coup

Made in Turkey, it was perfect quality better than the new made in London junk I was replacing

Two days after the coup, believe it or not, and quick postage to Australia

you are welcome:)

whats the window wire regulator kits?

if you need anything from Turkey, i am for here friend

1. Ask yourself if the price is half the original 1997 price. Or is it just half of todays price. Big difference
2. Ask yourself why would anyone buy a compressor in 1997 and not use iy for 27 years and sell it now?
3. Ask yourself why was it not inhibited properly before storing it for the last 27 years.
The air intake filter by now is probably home for generations of dead insects
The oil was probably mineral based and during the last 27 years seeped down into the crankcase allowing the valves, pistons dry liners exposed to ambient air causing rust and pitting that changing the oil and cranking it up as suggested by others will more likely cause a major tribology problem with a dry strike.
You have 6 valves on this model pick one and you have a 6:1 chance of breaking one of them on your first start up

Inhibiting oil would have evaporated up and around the bare metal internals with a thin oil film to protect from rusting the dry bare metal parts. Its clearly stated in the manual if he had bothered to read it.

As for buying it, your call but if you don't know what to do getting I hope you know how to re commission it properly and after all this time in a outhouse shed you don't get any rusted up parts.
You may be surprised just how much the non service spare parts cost that will add to your half price treasure.
what makes it better or worse than a used one that will usally will sell for the same price? I think , if I will continue with your logic is that with these relativly cheap compressor you be much better of buying new one . But since he is in Turkey, well he can get some of the parts cheap, salvage many to brand new conditon and take the risk of buying some new original. if he knew what he is doing and do it him self it would be great fun and eventuly as new compressor. so it's all about his attitude and reason for buying, if price, I agree doesn't make sense at all.

Back
Top Bottom