What Do You Like About Cruises

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I did a few trips on this cruise ship.

I'll NEVER go on another cruise ship ever again. I don't care if the new-fangled cruise ships serve good food or alcohol.

My cruises weren't all bad. At least I got to leave my cruise ship every day.

Photo_2022-10-22_192751.jpg

I believe that’s an EA6-B Prowler.

“Stress and decision free” is what my cruising friends enjoy the most.

I‘m not a cruise person, but not a bigot about it.

Bigot

"Someone that disagrees with you. Frequently used as an ad hominem attack against those with facts contrary to your misguided opinions, particularly when it is clear you are losing the argument. If you are arguing with a straight white male and are not all of those things, you may use this word as a de facto tactical nuke to instantly win any argument with complete impunity. If they object to it, well... What do they know, they're just a bigot.
Prima (SWM): I think Coke is better than Pepsi. It contains less sugar and caffeine, but more flavor.
Secunda (Not SWM): Have you ever thought that maybe other people have different opinions than you? No, you probably haven't, because you only think about yourself and other straight white males, you bigot!
Passersby: Oh ****, xe's got you there, bigot!
Prima: **** this."

I wouldn't associate with cruisers unless they came back bigots

Oxford dictionary:

a person who is obstinately or unreasonably attached to a belief, opinion, or faction, especially one who is prejudiced against or antagonistic toward a person or people on the basis of their membership of a particular group.

Cruises are far from stress free. Id consider a simple resort much more relaxing.

My next dive trip will be to a hotel less than a block away from a dive shop. Driving down. As easy as it gets.

With cruises, you have the whole flying debacle, then you get to do it again and again at the ship. Same olde TSA line and screening to get on the ship. Juggling your papers.

Ship gets to every island late (or at least doors open late). And leaves every island too early. Its a rush.

Getting off the ship and finding your excursion is a major pita. Generally, dive excursions are the most ignorant, and hardest to find. Check the bus furthest away.

Your luggage is delivered to your room when you get on the ship, but when you leave........its F you, we piled your luggage in a giant warehouse. Find it yourself. Black suitcases on the left, colors on the right. I would have rathered just rolled mine off the ship myself.

A cruise is an apetizer platter. Dont expect it to be a 5 star dish.

Sampler platters, that's what they are.

Two cruises my entire life. The first was our honeymoon, sometime ago, and it cost $50 for the week with a balcony room. Perks of marrying into the travel industry.
I discovered Cozumel, Grand Cayman and that I would never return to Ocho Rios Jamaica as long as I live. Actually enjoyed the ships atmosphere and got to know a few people.

Second was a family cruise. This one wasn't $100. I discovered that ships don't stay in port as long as they used to and happily Jamaica was not on the itinerary. Ship are much larger and have more amenities to offer. If I wanted all those options to do things, I would stay home.

I don't enjoy seeing them leave the island(s) I'm staying on. That means they've been there.

Second was a family cruise. This one wasn't $100. I discovered that ships don't stay in port as long as they used to and happily Jamaica was not on the itinerary. Ship are much larger and have more amenities to offer. If I wanted all those options to do things, I would stay home.
I have only done one, and it was a friend's wedding cruise. When we were at sea, I kind of enjoyed the peacefulness of it--though you're right that if I took advantage of the "activities" I might as well not be on a cruise. What I liked LEAST about the cruise was the calling on ports, where the day seemed like a race against the clock. If I do another cruise it will be something like a transatlantic, where we just cruise and don't stop.

Back
Top Bottom